"It-it's n-not j-jose—" The intervals of her voice changed with every swing, but then the words sunk in. "E-ENGAGED??" Vera's face looked like a crazed lunatic, but right now that is justified. "Wait, you don't know??" Chloe was in disbelief at this point. Vera, red in the face and absolutely confused, spouted "dO I LoOk LiKe I kNow?? W-we gotta go! T-to father! Quick!"

And without skipping a beat, Vera pulled Chloe along with her, Marathoning their way to their Father. Chloe had trouble keeping up, after all she had already used her adrenaline to run up to her sister and now she needs a new boost to go to their father. She felt her feet start to pound with pulsing heat but she didn't give it another thought. She put all her attention of the breathy mumblings of her troubled sister.

"P-please teh-tell me it's him."

"Fa-father plea-please don't cho-choose j-jose."

"Ple-please, ma-make it him!"

Their foot steps resounded harsher as they got closer. When they open their doors to meet with their father, they were met with surprise. Their Cold, impatient and tired father was up from his throne, practically frolicking around the people as he ordered them to place purple flowers around the halls. A big smile replaced his heavily plastered frown. A glint of carefree-ness appeared in his empty eyes and Energy seemed to seep off of them.

This is not the father they usually dealt with. This was their father in the buried past, when their mother used to still breathe. He died with her then,

And yet here was he again. Like a ghost from the past. They were left gasping and speechless where they stood, until their father saw them. "There they are! My sweet little girls!" Their giddy king embraced them with a hint of warmth. Vera nervously chuckled as she pats her father's back. She looks at Chloe with confused eyes. Chloe however, didn't know what to think. In the years after her mother's passing, this was the first time her father had ever shown a sliver of affection towards her. She didn't know how to cope, so she stayed silent.

"How are you my dears? Chloe? Vera?" He asks with fervor as he beckoned them to sit at a near by table. "I'm fine father—" Vera said somewhat nervously, glancing at Chloe who remains silent through the whole exchange. "Fine?! That simply cannot be!" He erupts, startling the servants that scurry around carrying purple boquets to display.

"It needs to be the best! Today is a very special day for you my dear!" The king, huffs out. He suddenly snaps back with a smile saying "after all, it's your engagement with Kevin Ayuso!"

It took a moment, all it took was a single moment for the tension to disappear. "W-wHat!?" Vera screamed out, disbelief danced inside her eyes. However, there was no doubt she was hoping that what she heard was true. Her eyes sparked a small light of hope. Her fingertips twitched in delayed anticipation. Her lips quivered ever so slightly.

"You heard me right my dear." The king, no, their father smiled as he stood up. "I've decided to approve of your marriage, it's what margaretha would have wanted." Vera broke into sobs as she crashed into her father's arms. Hugging her father so tightly the happy man became even more happier with each second. "Thank you papaaa—" she sniffles through tears, her heart cried with happiness knowing her love won't be shunned but finally acknowledged.

As the warm scene played out, the servants cooed in unison, but Chloe couldn't differ more. Thousands of thoughts ran through her mind. Thoughts that came so fast that it left no room for her to think about it further.

Vera is so lucky to finally be free,

Can I be like that too?

Vera is gonna have a future with the man she loves,