My eyes, your eyes

Itwas a silent Early morning for one Eli Clark. The morning sun hadn't even risen, yet he was already awake. He sat by his bed, his brothers right next to him fast asleep. Naib's snores filled in the silence his owl left; the feeling in his heart surreal.

Recently in the past few days or so, Aesop had been lacking in sleep, leaving him worried for his health. During that time, he'd send his owl to guard over him. Though yesterday, it seemed Aesop was able to sleep again. He's glad that he is able to, yes but, he can't shake the feeling that he has something to do with it.

Joseph, since their confrontation, he hasn't been able to think clearly. He knows, he knows Joseph isn't who he's saying he is. He's much much more. His Aura has an overwhelming difference from the rest, it was weak, but it didn't feel like it. He doesn't display as a big contender for being a warrior like Naib does, but he has a large set of skills that don't add up. If he is a wanderer as he says, how come he knows too much?

Eli sighed into the night, maybe he wasn't tackling it the right way, maybe something is missing. The more he thought, the deeper he sunk into that sea. What the future has in store for him is not something he'd want to do, but he did ask for it. Eli couldn't help but sigh in discomfort, perhaps it's his turn to endure sleepless nights.

He didn't need to worry for his lack of sleep, he's grown well accustomed to it from the years he's been forced to do so. Although, it doesn't make it much easier. The thoughts in his head waged war in his mind and in his heart. Must he do as his God required? Must he fulfill a prophecy he made for a life he traded a way?

Answers, he needs answers, but he keeps getting more and more questions.

He wants to know many things, he wants to do many things. He wants something, something he feels he doesn't deserve to touch. All he wants is to protect Aesop from Joseph, is that too much to ask?

Yes, yes it is, and he knows it.

He rests his head, hoping to catch at least an hour of sleep. His thoughts accompanying him to sleep.

By day break, he awoke to the feeling of stinging pain in his eyes. Eli keeled over, clutching his eyes and gasping for air. Naib despite just waking up himself, immediately went to Eli's side. "Eli! Are you okay? What's wrong—" the moment he took at glimpse at Eli's teary eyes. Something in Naib grew terrified. "I-it hu-hurts." Eli wheezed, his eyes felt like they were burning from inside out. "Y-you'll be fine Eli! You'll.. you'll be.." Naib trailed off, the more he looked, the more terror gripped his heart.

Seeing this, Eli looked at Naib scared, stuttering " W-what wrong? M-my eyes! Are they o-okay?" Naib paused, "don't worry Els, nothings wrong with ya eyes. Trust me." The man nodded with pursed lips. "Come one els, sleep some more. I'll wake ya when breakfast is ready." Naib assured him, smiling as he did. Eli hesitated, but ultimately gave into extra sleep.

The moment Eli's breath went stable, Naib sighed. He looked at the closed lids of Eli's eyes, and back down to his own trembling hands. "Eli." He whispered, "who are you?" The eyes he saw then weren't the familiar blue eyes of his friend, but that of a red eyed monster. It looked like it was pulsing, pure crimson red with a black slit void. A suddeb sound came and Naib looked over to see Eli's owl watching over them with it's one beady eye.

You have been discovered

Unknot to Naib, he wasn't the only one who awakened to Eli's cries. William could only assume what Naib had seen, whatever it was. It can't be good. He continued to act like he was asleep until Aesop came to wake them up.

"Wake up brothe— Naib?"
"Oh hey 'Sop."
"Awake this early? That's a surprise."
"What can I say I'm full of it" he heard Naib laugh heartily.
"True, care to wake them up for me?"
"Sure, but let Eli get some rest will ya, don't think he's been feeling well."
"Sure, I'll bring him food myself later when he wakes." With that he heard Aesop's foot steps slowly fade away.