𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟾 - 𝙲hange of plans

"Asma, please" I hear Adanan pleading from the other side of the door. I had locked myself in the bathroom for the past thirty minutes.

"I said I'm not leaving" I protest.

"Please open the door. We can talk about it like adults"

I shrug my shoulders.

"I made you something" he says from the other side of the door.

"What?" I cheekily ask.

"Open and see for yourself"

I hesitate for a few moments then decided to open the door.

Adanan looks at me with puppy eyes and a plate in his hand. On it is a waffle with chocolate ice-cream and caramel syrup.

I squint my eyes pretending to be angrier than I was.

"Fine" I say. "1 hour. We're only staying one hour."

"Okay" he says. "I promise we will have our trip"

I take the plate from his hand and start to eat the waffle.

Adanan laughs and grabs my handbag. "Let's go, we're already behind schedule"

"Fine" I say walking behind him with a plate. The waffle was delicious.

As I walk downstairs I see a bouquet of red roses on the table. It was like the one I came home to as a bride on my wedding night.

"What's this?" I say putting the plate of waffle on the counter. I start to smile thinking that Adanan was making it up to me.

"Umm.." Adanan begins. "I bought this for Layla as a welcoming gift"

I froze.

"Red roses?"

"She loves red roses"

"You sure know a lot about what she loves and likes" I walk closer to scan the flowers. It had a personal note on it. I pick the note up and begin to read it.

𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹.𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊.

𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑒𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝓈. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜.

Love, 𝒜𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒶𝓃

I looked to Adanan in disbelief.

"Love Adanan?" I read out loud.

"Asma, why are you acting like this? First you accuse her of being my girlfriend now you're acting jealously"

"Umm, we got married three weeks ago. You're acting like I'm the friend and she's the girlfriend. I am your wife!" I raise my voice.

"Asma" Adanan tries to calm me down.

"Red roses, a love note, what else did you get her? An engagement ring?" I say.

"Asma you're overreacting"

"I'm just getting in the car. And not because I want to see her. But because I want to keep my eye on you. Eat your waffle, cause I ain't cooking for you anytime soon." I say.

He sighs and follows me outside the door. I walk to the car and open the door. I watch as Adanan locks the front door and carries the bouquet in his hands.