Blue flinched upon the contact and pulled away on instinct. He felt guilty, however, once he saw the hurt look on Dust's face, though. Maybe... maybe he really had changed.

"Blue, please."

The smaller skeleton watched, horrified, as the other sunk further and further into himself, wrapping his arms around himself.

"Please. You're all I have."

Blue felt his eyes well with tears, and his hands started to twitch. He didn't want to be with Dust again. He really, really didn't. He was afraid of what would happen if he agreed. He was also afraid, however, of what would happen if he didn't. Wouldn't it be cruel to say no? It really did seem like Dust had changed. Besides, who was Blue to deny someone a second chance? Isn't that what everyone deserves?

His head filled with an impossible number of "what if"s.

What if he really has changed?

What if he hasn't?

What if my rejection puts him over the edge again?

What if my acceptance puts me over the edge again?

What if something happens?

What if I can't do it?

What if I can't handle it?

What if I blow it?

What if he blows it?

What if I said no?

What if I said "yes."

"What?" Dust asked, leaning his elbows onto the table.

Not fully processing what was happening, Blue repeated himself: "Yes."

Dust leaned even further forward, his eyebrows raising hopefully. "You... you want to try again?"

"Yes."

The taller skeleton smiled widely, grabbing Blue's hand and squeezing it tightly. "You won't regret it, I promise! I'll be the best me I can be! All for you!"

In his absent state of mind, Blue didn't pull out of his grasp. He nodded, idly picking at a coffee ring on the table as his mind wandered. How long had they been apart for before now? How long had Dust been wanting to say this? How long would this last?

Stretch was probably worried. He should go back home. He should get up and go back home. Now.

"Do you want me to get you a coffee or something?" Dust asked, still excitedly holding Blue's hand.

Blue shook his head and looked up at the other. "No, I should probably go home. Papyrus will be worried."

"Oh."

Blue couldn't help the shiver that ran up his spine at the tone in Dust's voice. Rather than sounding disappointed or upset, he sounded annoyed.

"Did you walk or drive here?" Dust asked, and Blue dismissed his previous thoughts.

"I walked," he said, but as he looked out the window now, he noticed that it had gotten quite a bit darker. That could be a bit of a problem.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" Dust offered.

Blue considered the offer. He considered which way would be safer and which way he would be more comfortable. Walking, he thought, would be better for both aspects. The meaning behind those thoughts quickly diminished, however, at the thought of having to walk home after a day like this.