Epilogue

Epilogue

        Two months had passed by so quickly, and it seemed like Minerva couldn’t get used to this peculiar feeling. She simply felt the warmth of the sunlight caressing her pale skin. The air was scented with sea salt, while the cold breeze whipped her plain yellow dress against her body. She curled her lips as she silently watched these waves rolled against her bare feet. Nature. She wouldn’t get tired of loving it.

        She’d missed her old life but this life was far better than she’d dreamt of. After Hades decided to put Edmund’s soul back inside his body, that time was the last time that she had set foot to her city as well. She would miss that one place she once called home.

        “Don’t you have regrets?”

        It was Ayden’s voice. She turned around and met her warmth stare. Hades, that selfish, tricky god, asked for something worth to change her entire existence.

        “Are you really sure that he’s your biological father?” she arched her brow, realizing that they had no similarities at all. He was warm while his father was completely deadly and cold.

        Ayden laughed at her and she heard his laughter again, something that she’d never heard when they still lived in Atlantis. He was really contented with his life that he had. There was no doubt about it. The way he smiled. The way he gave love, this was her brother that she used to know.

        She shook her head. She had feet. She had family, “I don’t have any regrets.”

        “Even if you’re no longer an Atlantean queen?”

        Minerva smiled extensively, “I want to believe that fate has given me a new existence. If closing a chapter of my life in Atlantis is the key to my happiness, then I will gladly close the book and write a new chapter of my own.”

        Another beginning.

        “Books,” Ayden gave her a meaningful stare, “You start to sound just like him, my dear little sister.”

        Another smile was plastered on her face. They turned around and saw Edmund happily waving his right hand, standing not far away from them. He looked so adorably handsome with his blue jeans and black polo shirt. His long hair was no longer in ponytail. His smile made her heart to skip a beat.  This man could really make her go crazy just by watching him. So she ran towards him and gave her a hug so tight before she kissed him on the cheek.

        Love and family.

        These were priceless to here and she had it.

        Trading her immortality wasn’t so bad after all.

The End.