chapter eight - kidnapped

dw guys I'm still alive 

-sammy

Ivy and Apollo held their breath as they waited to see if Asher would pickup the phone. They were on the edge other seats in Apollo's car, Ivy stretching out of the constraints of her seat belt to hold trephine closer to Apollo, who was watching the road. One ring, two rings, three rings passed before the line clicked.

"Hey, you've reached Asher. Just text me, it's 2019; no one calls anymore." Asher's voice rang through the transceiver before Apollo smacked the phone out of Ivy's hand in frustration.

"What the hell, Apollo?" Ivy scoffed, bending down in her seat to grab the phone that had fallen between the cracks of the car's console. "You know I don't have a warranty."

"You think that's the least of our worries?" Apollo sighed, concentrating his gaze on Ivy's distressed face as she ran her fingers over her already cracked phone screen. "Asher is gone, and he never leaves the house for this long. He knows the risks. I'm worried about him."

"Trust me, I am too."

"Then why aren't you acting like it?" Apollo said quickly, making Ivy's expression match his of concern. "I know we poke shit at each other all the time, but if it really came down to it, I would die to protect him, and you. You and I both know she's still out there and until we can contain her, we have take care of each other. That means making sure Asher is ok, no matter what he could be doing."

Ivy nodded softly, leaning against the passenger side window, watching the streetlights pass as they drove quietly through the backstreets of Roscoe.

--

Ivy and Apollo had been looking for hours to find Asher, at that point not even wondering what Stiles was doing in their absence. They were far too worried about Asher's whereabouts.

"Where could he frickin' be? It feels like we've looked everywhere!" Apollo shouted in frustration and anger. The Triquetra always looked after each other: if one of them got hurt, or killed, it would mean pain and loss for all of them. Their bond was comparable to a three-way parabatai.

"Don't worry, Apollo. We'll find him. He probably just wants space from everything, especially after was almost outed him to Stiles. We've had a lot of stress with this whole Sapphire mess." Ivy replied, trying to calm him down.

"The limits of Asher's whereabouts are virtually endless. He could be in Canada by now, you know."

"Canada is seven hours away from New York City, Apollo. And don't forget, he can't portal."

"God, I wish I could portal to people instead of places. That would be so much easier, and then I could get to any person I wanted, I could even find Adella."

Ivy rolled her eyes at that remark. "You know that she wants nothing do with you."

"I can't believe I left the love of my life for Sapphire. That good for nothing, cheating, lying-"

A shrill laugh came from a dark alleyway to the left of the pair. Apollo created a light in his hand and started walking towards the dark path. As he approached the source of the laugh, he gasped as he came face to face with the Sapphire Sage's tinted sunglasses. He jumped back in shock, readying an attack stance in case she tried anything on him and Ivy.

"I'm charmed, truly, but I wouldn't use those words." Sapphire said sharply, leaving Apollo and Ivy with looks of worry on their faces.

"Sapphire." Apollo and Ivy said in unison. They looked at each other with fear in their eyes. They knew she was going to be angry with them: they betrayed her and she was not going to forgive them that easily. She was capable of many things, things that the Triquetra didn't know about, and she wasn't just going to let them go tonight.