“You’re totally right.” He looked up from staring at his hands to look at me, and grinned. “Um, but Chris, don’t tell anyone anything yet though. Just in case it doesn’t happen or whatever.” He nodded and mimed locking his lips and then stood up.

“This conversation never happened” he said dramatically practically popping his eyes out of his sockets, he extended my arms and pulled me up. I grinned and bumped fists with him (because that was something he insisted on teaching me) and we walked out of Josh’s room and back down to the living room. Where all the boys were playing FIFA. Again.

I stopped into the kitchen where I saw Meggy getting some drinks together and went to go help her whilst Chris returned to the guys.

“Heyya, did you know Max gave Lex a lift here? Like just the two of them? And he offered her a ride home too!” she said, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively and laughing. I laughed along too shaking my head.

“hmmm, funny that little detail seemed to have gotten lost through the text she sent me, she just said the guys were picking her up.” I said dramatically, joining in the joke. We both looked at each other and raised an eyebrow. Meggy picked up the drinks tray and I grabbed a couple of bags of crisps off the table and carried them out to the garden where the girls were, putting them down on the table. Meggy mouthed 3..2..1 and we both grabbed hold of Lex’s arm and pushed her out of the gathering and in through the kitchen door. I shouted a “back in a minute” to Elissa and Georgie (Chris’s girlfriend) and me and Meggy dragged a kicking and screaming Lex into the kitchen.

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO ME? Lex screamed,  waving her arms infront of her.

“Why didn’t you tell me Max gave you a lift here??!” I asked her, pushing my bottom lip out so I was pouting.

“SHEESH!!! YOU HAD TO KIDNAP ME FOR THAT??” She screamed, I rolled my eyes at her and she burst out laughing, looking between me and Meggy who was casually leaning against the counter with her arms crossed staring at Lex.

“hmm, your hiding something. Im telling you right now Ally, this girl is not telling us something.” Meggy said. I continued staring at Lex and watched as her right hand crossed to play with the cuff of her left sleeve which she usually did when she was nervous and I also saw a red blush grow furiously on her cheeks.

“Maxaskedmeout” she mumbled to the floor. I looked at Meggy to see if she had understood what Lex had just said but she shook her head ‘no’ too.

Eventually Lex looked up, took a deep breath in and looked me straight in the eye, a wide grin crept onto her face and she signalled for Meggy to come forwards, “Max. asked. Me. Out.” She stated proudly. Instantly two pairs of arms wrapped around Lex, me and Meggy hugged her as close to us as we could while jumping up and down excitedly.

I felt more and more bodies jump in to our little happy dance celebrations and turned to see that we had been joined by Matt, Max, Josh and Dan too.

“Oh EMM GEE babes! He like totally checked me out! Lets happy dance bitches, yayayayayaya!!!” Max mocked in a false california girl kind of accent.

Everyone in the group fell silent and broke apart from the hug to stare at him with a confused look on their face. “What the fuck was that about, hedgehog?” Dan asked, he was clearly shocked by Max’s imitation too and the only one ready to break the silence that had settled in the kitchen.

Max however just shrugged and laughed it off, “aahh flint, it was a happy dance we just gate crashed! Girls happy dance over guys and shoes.” He stated simply.

“and you chose guys. Interesting Max, really interesting” Lex said coyly, me and Meggy grinned understanding exactly what Lex was trying to insinuate.

Max raised his head up and looked at Lex, it was clear that they were engaged in some silent conversation and judging the raised eyebrow and smirk on Lex’s face she was winning. They continued staring at eachother, apparently oblivious to the rest of us until Matt interrupted. “Im sorry Lexy, sweety. I forgot to tell you, I secretly love boys, I hope that’s okay!” he imitated putting on a high pitched voice and bending his knees so he was at Max’s level.

Everyone laughed and Lex looked shocked, Max stuck his finger up at Matt and grumbled a “shurrup” in his direction as Matt started wolf whistling.  Matt carried on laughing and eventually Max ran as fast he could and actually managed to swing Matt over his shoulder before spinning him round a few times.

“let go of me Maxie!” Matt screamed, but it was no use Max carried on spinning and 2 minutes later he dropped a very dizzy Matt to the kitchen floor softly. Matt just lay there waiting to regain his equilibrium whilst Lex crossed the space between her and Max and snaked an arm around his waist.

He grinned a wide smile and pulled her in a little closer. It was so cute watching my best friend so happy, from what I have seen and heard of Max from Josh, Lex hasn’t got much to worry about, Max seems like a great guy and if she was happy then I was happy.  I watched as the faces of the guys and now Elissa and Georgie (who were just walking into the kitchen) dropped and started smiling at Max and Lex.

****

"Ally?" Josh mumbled against my hair.

"hmmm" i replied rolling round to face him in the bed, his arms pushed me closer in to his chest and i snuggled up to him scrunching his shirt in my hands.

"how" he started, but stopped as if he was unsure of what to say. i pulled back very slightly to look at him, my eyes looking directly at his, he bit his bottom lip and carried on " how would you feel about coming to America with us? We want you to write the Tour Diary book" he said.

OH MY GOD!