Chapter Twenty: 1,2,3, Let's Play Hide and Seek

Third Person's View
"Damn! They're taking too long!"

Flare is tapping his finger in the desk impatiently. He is glaring at the wall. Are they wasting my time? He gritted his teeth.

"F*ck waiting!" He stood up from the couch, grab his coat, put it on, and exit the club, making sure it was lock and got the key with him on his pocket.

Fast footsteps echoing in the hallway with heavy thumps of his shoe rubbing with the marble floor. Heavy breaths and the building anxiety inside me made me more impatient.

He got his cellphone out and tried to call Friar's number. It rings. But that's all there is to it. It just rings. No answer.

"Tch." He ended the call and tried to call several times but still no answer.

The anxiety inside of Flare increased. He walked down the stairs frantically until he met an old woman in her late 40's hardly pulling a trolley—full of mops and wet, old handkerchief—passed by.

He stopped, turned to look at the old lady and thinking if he should help her or not. Then, he found himself helping the old lady.

"S-Sir Flare?! A-Ano po ang ginagawa ninyo?" gulat na sambit ng matanda at sinubukang pahintuin siya. "Sir, a-ako na ho! Baka mapagalitan pa po kayo ni Sir Ferris."

"Let me," sabi niya at tinulak ang trolley pero pinigilan uli siya ng matanda.

Nervousness is visible on the old lady's face. "S-Sir, ako na ang gagawa niyan. Baka po talaga mapagalitan ako ng may-ari kapag—"

"Dad won't scold you in accepting my help," pagputol niya rito at sinimulan ulit ang pagtulak sa trolley. "So, saan tayo papunta?"

~***~

The old lady thanked him and he left to continue his search. He contacted Yna and the other High Reapers but they are all busy.

"Damn it!"

Nagpatuloy siya sa paghahanap. Sa first floor, second floor, sa mga pasikot-sikot na hallway, sa mga opisina, even he visited some clubs pero wala sila do'n. The only place na hindi pa niya na pupuntahan is the cafeteria.

So, he went there.

Mahaba ang pila ng makarating siya do'n. Well, it is meryenda time. Pa'nong hindi dadami ang estudyante? But that line splits as they saw Flare. He took the opportunity and walked past the people until he is on the school cafeteria's counter.

His only concern in the moment is he needs water.

Lumapit sa kanya ang babaeng nasa counter na may ngiti sa labi sabay sabing, "What can I do for you, sir?"

"One bottle of water please," sabi ni Flare.

"Wait a moment, sir," sabi ng babae at umalis. Ilang minuto lang ay bumalik na ito at binigay ang tubig. "15 pesos po 'yan, sir."

Binigay ni Flare ang bayad at aalis na sana ang babae ng pinigilan siya ni Flare.

"Yes po, sir?"

"By any chance, is the PRO and Vice President of the SSG came here?" tanong niya.

He knows Friar love foods and Lucas is always following her behind.

"Hindi ko po sila nakita dito, sir," sagot ng babae. Disappointment washed over Flare but he doesn't let it appear on his face. He nodded and was about to leave when the woman suddenly continued speaking, "Pero, sir, may pumunta po dito na babae. May gustong ipabigay sa inyo."