Chapter Two

Trigger warning ⚠️ animal abuse and death
ALRIGHT I'LL BE PUTTING MORE OF A WARNING! THE KITTEN ISN'T REAL ITS PENNYWISE! I thought it was obvious because if the lines described on the kitten's face and you guys are reading a book about an alien creature that eats, kills, and torments people 💀

     You wake up to your parents signing happy birthday to you, they planned on having a little party at a park. Red and white balloons were at eight tables, and you guess the theme was just those two colors. Most of your family is there to celebrate, you didn't tell Beverly because your dad wouldn't let you invite her. It didn't feel exciting, but you pretend to have a good time as to not upset your parents. 'I don't want to be here.' Having to pretend that everything is okay just makes you feel worse.

    Since it is kind of windy one of the balloons manage to come undone and float away. 'If I can't leave this party neither, can you!' You follow the balloon determined to bring it back. It didn't float up but in a straight line, almost as if it was leading you somewhere.

     Past some trees and it seems like the balloon disappeared. You grumble, "where the fuck did that damn balloon go?" You hear shuffling in the bushes and grab a rock just in case whatever it was plans on harming you. A little white fluffy kitten appears meowing, and it looks up at you. "Did you see where the balloon went?" You kneel down and feel something sinister growing in your very being. 'I mean... no one will know.' The kitten has faint lines that stretch from the edge of its mouth to the top of its eyes.

     "Come here little kitty." You pat its head, and it nuzzles into your hand "aren't you a cutie." Its fur was soft. You wrap your fingers around its throat and ignore its painful attempts at freedom. "Shut up!" The rock collides with its skull, and you felt all your repressed anger come out. You knew it was over kill and you didn't know what else to do to let your feelings out. Blood splattered on your dress and arms 'how am I supposed to clean myself up now?'

     You hear bells jingling and hastily turn around to see nothing. You stand up and wipe the blood from your hands onto your dress. Eerie laughter comes from in front of you 'what the hell!' Out of nowhere your dad walks through the trees, but he has some scaring on his face, if you could call it that. Two lines going from the ends of his mouth up past his eyebrows. 'Just like the cat.' You look down quickly to find the kitten but it's not there anymore.

     "(Y/N) what are you doing!?" Whatever facade you had a few seconds ago was gone and you were just a scared little girl all over again. "Me and your mother put together that party for your twelfth birthday and you're not enjoying it! I find you here with this dead cat! Look at you, you're covered in blood. Do you know how expensive it's going to be to buy you a new dress? Or take that blood out?!" You whimper and back away.

     "Don't walk away from me little girl!" You saw a shift in his eye color, whatever this thing is it's not your dad. Those yellow eyes quickly turn red which terrify you even more. Then it smiles, revealing its rows of sharp teeth. You look around trying to find a way to escape and you ran as fast as your legs could carry you. Its chaotic laughter echoed until you find your way back to your family.

    'What the bell was that?!' You try to catch your breath.

      "There you are," your mom drags you to your birthday cake. "Everyone ready? One, two, three!" You plastered on a fake smile for your family members and the cameras.