The Doctor Dances

Start from the beginning

Jack stopped laughing when he realized that the Doctor was giving him a look of disapproval.

"Look around you. This is what your piece of space-junk did."

"It was a rusty medical carrier, it was empty." Said Jack, defending himself again and again.

The Doctor turned and started walking towards the door.

"Alvia. Rose."

"We leaving?" Asked Rose.

"We go up," corrected the Doctor, waving his fingers pointed at the ceiling.

Rose followed the Doctor quickly, and as I came down from the table Jack grabbed my wrist and spoke.

"I even programmed the flight computer so that it wouldn't fall on anyone. I didn't hurt anyone!" Defended Jack. "I don't know what's going on here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it. Alvia, I assure you it's not my fault."

"I'll tell you what's going on," said the Doctor. "You forgot to turn on your alarm, it's the volcano day!"

A siren went off in the distance. I never thought I'd hear that sound, even in wartime.

"What's that?" Asked Rose.

Seriously, Rose? How much don't you know about your history? A siren like that? Especially at this time? It's obvious, I thought without saying anything. And yet the words were on my tongue, ready to go out.

Sometimes Rose really shocked me. I know she hadn't finished school but I wonder if she was even paying attention in class.

"The all-clear," said Jack without emotion.

"I wish," assaulted the Doctor looking at him before leaving with Rose at his heels.

I freed myself from the soft hold of Jack.

"You programmed it so that it didn't fall on anyone alive ..." I said softly.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, Jack... Everything..."

The Doctor called me and I had to go join him. I nodded and Jack went with me to join them. How many times did I mention that the Doctor was fast? Not enough, I think. Jack, Rose and I were running to follow him and I don't know how, we managed to lose him. I was in the back of course, running. Rose and Jack passed a staircase where footsteps sounded, so I made a slight turn to climb the stairs where the Doctor was. He leaned back and suddenly spoke, making both stop on their paths.

"Have you got a blaster?"

Arriving at the stairs, Jack answered affirmatively, before climbing. We ran up six floors. I wasn't physically ready to do it, so when we arrived at door 802 I leaned over my lap, hacking up my lungs and panting for air. Jack unlocked the door at the Doctor's order, when he didn't want to use his screwdriver. Jack's weapon made a perfect square where the lock was a few seconds ago. The door opened.

"Sonic Blaster, 51st century," observed the Doctor. "Villengard's Weapons Factory?"

"You've been to the factories?" Asked Jack surprised.

A smile settled on my lips as I remembered the adventure I had with the Doctor. Rose had gone to visit one of her friends who was getting married at that time. The Doctor took the weapon for a look.

"Once," he confessed.

"You're lucky. The factories are gone now, destroyed. The main reactor went critical and wiped out everything on the way."

The Doctor smiled and we shared a look. We knew what had really happened. And you know what? I wouldn't say a word, it's a secret! My secret. The Doctor returned the weapon to Jack.