Chapter 11

James tossed his head from one corner of the bed to another, sweats broke on his forehead as he squeezed his eyes tight, both hands on his bleeding side.
"No, no, no." He uttered in pain.

"Saphira, his in pain, I don't want him to die!" Dahlia squeezed James's blood covered hand affectionately.

"His blood has turn darker, the poison is doing effect! Get the healing water!" The queen called out, having some elf servant bring a tray with a little bottle of water, she reached for it, pouring two drops on the wound.

James's shaking ceased, his murmur stopped, and his breathing slowed down to normal.

"Will he be okay?" She asked.

"Yes, look," the Queen pointed at his wound, Dahlia lowered her gaze from his face to his belly.

The bleeding had stopped and the wound was enclosing, the bruises fading and the blood disappearing.

Dahlia smiled, she reached to brush the hair on James face. "You're fine now." She whispered.

"Let's give him some space, he needs to rest, while he can," said the Queen.

Dahlia half nodded, taking one last glance at her sleeping friend, she exited the room with the Queen.

James found himself in the middle of no where.
The dark sky growling with thunder, the dead soil colour as darkness, and ashes floated in the air.
The wind blew bringing with it the loathsome smell of burnt flesh assailing James nose cursing him to gag.

The land was completely devastated, trees all cut down and burnt.

The sound of murderous screams could be heard, James looked by his left and saw some group of elves, in rough clothes, trying to push a big countenance of heavy bricks. Behind them stood orcs in their ugly armour with big whips that had thorns and blade at the end. Constantly striking the elves that kept pushing.

He raising his gaze to see a tall big incomplete pyramid ahead of them, just on top of the pyramid the sky was more darker and seems like the heavens were opened pouring darkness into the pyramid.