𝓈𝒾𝓍

"Yes, Don Marcello?" Due to her being a maid to the Familia ever since Marcello was a child, it allowed her the privilege to call him by his first name after his recently earned title.

"How is your nipote?" Marcello questioned, curious about the brunette that left the room.

"She is well, grazie." Elise bowed.

"You never told me, what her name was," Marcello was distracted, she had the same posture and way of walking as the woman that he couldn't get out of his head.

"Estelle is her prima name, and Bambina her secondo," Elise replied looking at the ground and never making eye contact with the intimidating male, albeit him being only of age 18, he was more frightening than all of his underbosses, who were much older.

"Estelle?" He looked up in surprise - she couldn't be, what was the person he couldn't get out of his head, doing here of all places, as a maid no less?

Not that it mattered that she was a maid, of course...

"Si, Don Marcello."

"Huh," he hummed, tapping his finger on the table.

Bambina's father had been a capogrime of the Familia, that put her in a high position, but due to the fact that he was not her real father, she was of the same station as her mother had been in the beginning - a lowly maid.

Bambina's true father was unknown. And because of this fact, Marcello had informed Elise that her niece could only stay as long as she worked in her true caste.

"Will she be attending the school?" He questioned.

The Mafia school - where anyone related to any mafias went - the maid's children and the don's children, no matter what caste, you would go to that school. Unfortunately, Dominic had never admitted his adopted daughter to that school, instead choosing to admit her into a public school, therefore never exposing her to the cruel reality of the mafia world. Bambina had stayed wonderfully oblivious, her father only teaching her self defence.

"As soon as the next term begins, she will begin school there," Elise replied respectfully.

"Good." Was Marcello's reply before he absent-mindedly dismissed her, allowing her to attend to the other people at the table.

\(^O^)/

It was after lunch and the sun was high in the sky, but Bambina had no time to enjoy it as Elise placed the dishes in the dishwasher and bustled to where Bambina was, "Come, we must clean Don's room." She spoke.

Bambina followed Elise out, the walked in the hallways, elegant painting adorning the walls, of guns, a crest, people and such. They went up a grand staircase, going up two levels - in the middle was a large chandelier, diamonds hanging, the lights coming from inside cascaded everywhere as the gems redirected them everywhere, causing for the whole area to be lit magnificently.

At the top level, in the centre, there was an elevator, and the left of it, a door, Elise pulled out a key and unlocked the door, locking it behind Bambina, and going up the stairs. They reached another door and Elise unlocked it, revealing a long hallway on both sides, with no doors in the hallway besides from the one immediately in front, large, black mahogany doors, a passcode lock above the handles, and larger than average doors in the middle on the sides of the elevator. The hallway was boring but magnificent, the wallpaper bland, with large mirrors decorating the walls.

Elise went to the large doors in front of them and typed in a code, before doing eye recognition and a thumbprint, as well as voice recognition.

Bambina stared around in awe, her brown eyes sparkling with interest and amazement.

A series of clicks sounded, bringing her attention back to the door, once the clicks stopped, Elise pushed the door open and tutted.

The room was gigantic, the whole ground floor of the orphanage fitting in it with excess space.

A large bed was situated in the middle of the room, it was elegant and masculine, the black silk sheets kicked all over the bed, two nightstands beside the bed, lights hanging low over it. There was a large tv mounted on the wall in front of the bed, and a couch against the wall on the left.

Windows were around the room, allowing a beautiful view, a glass door to a large balcony that wrapped all around the top level.

On their left was a wall closer than the other side, two doors were seen, both closed, and Bambina desperately wanted to see what splendour it was hiding.

"Mio Dio," Elise muttered to herself, shaking her head as she approached the bed, "Estelle, I must bring these to the laundry room, the other maid has not changed the bedsheets, stay here and dust." Elise handed Bambina a duster before walking out, muttering about how the maid was an incompetent arse and how she needed to be fired.

"Zia! Don't fire her! She may be having a bad day or she might be sick!" Bambina defended the stranger.

"Bene, but if this happens again, she is gone, now get busy, I will be back in a bit," Elise replied and Bambina heard of her no more.

Bambina took this time to walk closer to the bed, dusting the nightstands, and only then did she noticed a gun on the stand. It was black with intricate gold designs, a crown and a K above the ace symbol. It was truly beautiful and Bambina began to wonder who these people were.

"Bambina," a familiar deep voice spoke and Bambina turned in surprise, making eye contact with Marcello - breaking rule one.

In his language 'Bambina' meant 'baby girl', was he calling her that or did he know that is was her second name, and if so, why was he calling her that?

Bambina stood stunned, this man, he was the man from the bus stop, his green eyes unmistakable.

Her eyes trailed down and her face reddened, he wore nothing but a white towel, low hanging and revealing his V line, his rock hard abs making Bambina gulp. Her eyes shot up back to his to see a smirk on his face his brown hair sticking to his forehead, realising that she broke rule one, she shifted her gaze to her feet before doing a curtsy, "Forgive me... Don, I did not realise you were here."

"You, Bambina, are welcome here whenever you want," he replied, frowning now that she was not looking at him, perhaps she didn't remember him.

Not knowing what to say to that she just curtsied again, eyes still on her black flats. The feeling of his gaze gave her butterflies and that made her utterly confused, she had no idea why she was feeling these things.

The door opened once more and Elise walked in with new sheets, "Don! I didn't know you were here, we will leave." Elise placed the sheets on his bed.

"No, it's fine, I just need to get changed and I'll be out of your hair," he smirked before leaving and entering the second door.

Never in her 20 years working here had Elise witnessed the mercy and kindness that he was displaying.