𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕠 | 𝗮𝗰𝘁 1

•°•🌻•°•

•°•🌻•°•

"SUNLIGHT"

-crocodile tears

"Aren't we friends Katie?-"

THE PUNCTURING PAIN AROUND HER WAIST made the girl wince in pain. Her shoulder jabbed with soreness from absolutely nothing. She rolled up her shirt and saw a huge yellow-purple bruise on the left side of her waist before the pain and bruise disappeared.

Her fingers crept to her waist, previously where the injury was. 'What the hell is my soulmate doing this late?' She thought, gazing at the window behind her.

The colours of indigo blue swirled with a hint of purple--kissing the sky with small little stars miles away, painting it colourfully on the skyline of Brooklyn. The sunlight that basked in her curtains now gone. She sighed softly only to curse quietly and lift up her shirt again to see a sharp cut in the middle of her abdomen.

Her lips turned in sadness.

"What the hell are doing to yourself?" She muttered, closing her textbook. Sung Hye gave her a concerned look, doing the same with her textbook. "They're at it again aren't they?" Though that question always made Katie upset, she nods, earning a head shake of pity.

Katie felt curious about her soulmate. Her soulmate is crazy to get injuries like this every day, she wonders how the hell they even get them. Between 8:30-11:30 pm, Katie finds different kinds of cuts and bruises all over her skin.

Her eyes flickered to the other person in the room, Sung Hye sighed, packing up her homework. The two girls were studying together when Katie winced and lifted up her shirt.

Katie frowned, her eyes going back to her waist.

"They must be crazy to get scars like this on themselves every day," she said placing her textbook beside her and standing up. "I already have enough to deal with; my family and how I'm being treated here-" she paused, cupping her ears to feel the texture of the tiny scars behind them.

Her mind went to that day, the day her world changed remembering the fear and trauma she felt from the attack that made her deaf today. Thankfully it didn't make her have anxiety attacks frequently throughout the day but there are still some nights where she cries and curls up with her aunt. Lulling herself to sleep in warm comfort.

But she's only allowed to do that during weekends, to spend some time with her aunt. The rest of her days are spent in the school. Behind the stone walls and security guards of Brooklyn Vision.