Back to the Beginning

Start from the beginning

“Cameron?” my dad called.

“Yeah, hi dad!” I yelled back as Matt and Cody walked back down the stairs with me.

“Oh, hey, I thought Matt and Cody were coming up?” my dad questioned.

“Oh, no, uh, they were, uh, just kidding,” I stuttered.

“Alright, well what are you guys going to do?” he asked.

“Um, we’re going to clean up downstairs grab our things and go out,” I quickly told him.

“Okay,” he said following us down the stairs.

“Um, not to be rude, but do you need something?” I asked my dad suspiciously.

“Yeah, I’m going to grab a water bottle and juice for Jake and to have upstairs,” my dad said eyeing me suspiciously.

“Okay,” I glanced at Cody and Matt and then at the couch where Niall was hiding hoping he would move.

“Who’s sweater is this?” my dad held Niall’s sweater up that was on the back of the couch that Niall was behind.

“Uh, mine!” Cody yelled snatching it from my dad.

“Ah-choo!” Niall sneezed from the other side of the room. My dad’s head snapped in his direction.

“Ah-choo!” Matt covered up. “Ah, sorry.”

“Bless you!” we all said.

“Thanks!” Niall chirped from his hiding spot. I face palmed myself.

“Uh,” Matt cleared his throat, “thanks,” he said.

“You’re welcome,” my dad said narrowing his eyes. “I’ll be in my office if you need me.”

As soon as he was up the stairs I collapsed on the couch.

“I thought we were screwed,” I sighed as Niall stood up.

“I’m sorry,” he said sitting down next to me.

“It’s okay, it's not like you can keep a sneeze in. But you could have held the thank you in,” I replied.

“I’m sorry babe,” Niall moaned and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close and kissed my cheek.

“It’s okay,” I smiled, “So, let’s get out of here so there isn’t as much of a chance for us to get in trouble.”

“But how?” Cody asked.

“We’re all going to leave at the same time and you guys will go out first and I’ll just yell to my dad that we’re going out,” I shrugged.

“Okay, your plan not ours. Let’s hope it works,” Matt sighed getting up.

“You and Cody go first then Niall then me,” I said pushing them forward.

We all got up the stairs and they quickly opened the door and I pushed them out and told them to wait for me.

“Dad! We’re going out!” I called up the stairs.

“Where?” he yelled back.

“Um, not sure, just out,” I called back.

“Well, where or you aren’t going,” my dad said sternly and coming down the stairs.

“Uh,” I glanced at the door and saw that they closed it but I saw them all standing out there talking, “Shopping. We’re going downtown to go shopping.”

“Alright, don’t stay out too late. Bye, love you!” he said as I dashed out the door and quickly closed the door before he could see Niall or anyone else outside.