Chapter 32: The Return

Quiet. That was all they heard these past few weeks, was quiet. Granted, an Academy where you are trained to fight the hellspawn of remnant isn't a place known for rest and relaxation, but with a certain group of soldiers gone, there wasn't that much to do. At first everyone thought they came back for a day but it was only to get their warthog, and even then it wasn't them, it was a villager from the village they were protecting.

At first, it almost seemed the quiet was a good thing. A few days in and the students were more attentive in classes and in tests. These changes were short lived however. Huntsman and Huntresses were able to find stuff to keep them occupied, but having the Reds and Blues around was a very easy distraction. Not only that but they were a fun distraction. No matter what they always had something interesting going on. After the first few days everyone had to admit something, they missed the reds and blues. However they wouldn't let something like them being away on a mission keep them down for long.

The reds and blues left their warthog and keys behind so the students had a little fun messing around with that. Arslan almost accidently blew it up though as her team was doing some training with it and she sent a fireball hurling towards it, nearly causing it to explode. Luckily Reese knew a thing or two about vehicles to be able to fix it up.

Jaune was learning how to shoot from Pyrrha and Ren. Ren may have used machine pistols but they were still pistols. Jaune even tried to get Blake, since she was the one with a pistol that resembled the one Carolina gave Jaune, to help him but she was too busy with the White Fang stuff that she practically ignored him.

Yang thought it'd be fun to hang out with Nora for a day, and the two of them spent time either sparring, or telling stories about Ren and Ruby. In fact they even signed up for an underground fighting tournament in Vale for the day and spent most of their time there.

Weiss even decided to break out of her cold nature and try to spend some more time with her team. Ever since the talk about family with Carolina she was slowly growing into a friendlier person.

Pyrrha kept to her normal schedule of helping Jaune with fighting and even had the courage to get Jaune on a few dates with her! Well, more like she tricked Jaune into thinking it was two friends hanging out but she viewed them as dates. Density can be a good thing is used properly!

Ruby had been getting to know team BRNZ's sniper a little bit better. The two shared a lot in common besides the fact that they both had snipers. Apparently May like cookies almost as much as Ruby did! Ren had found a meditating partner in team ARBN named Bolin. Both of them were quiet people but enjoyed each other's company.

Jaune had even made a few friends from Atlas. He and Flynt hung out one time when Jaune met him when he was practicing his guitar skills. When the two found out they both had instruments they decided to play a song they both knew together. It gathered a crowd and for about an hour or so after the two talked and hung out. Apparently Flynt had three older sisters so he knew the trouble of being raised in a house full of women.

All in all, it was as if the Reds and Blues leaving had no effect on them. So, when they returned they would be in for a very fun surprise.

Two weeks have passed since the reds and blues got the mission. So far, the day was normal. At breakfast, Nora was vacuuming pancakes down her stomach, Ruby and Yang were messing with each other, Blake was still studying the White Fang, Weiss was studying homework with Pyrrha, and Ren and Jaune were chatting with each other.