Chapter 23:A Real Look Behind the Helmets

After the NDGO girls said their apology, and Tucker made damn well it was a good one as he told them to stand on top of a table and apologize, Glynda came in and fixed the wall and everything was back to normal.

Tucker grabbed his food and sat down next to Donut. He had steak and mac and cheese with a water bottle. He says hi to everyone and begins eating through his helmet.

"..and so," Nora said finishing her dream. "All of us were hailed as heroes for defeating the giant flying spaghetti monster!"

Grif looks at his three plates of food and sighs. "Now I want spaghetti…"

"So what's the deal with those helmets?" Yang asked as she pointed at Tucker, who continued eating. "How are you able to eat with them on?"

"It's actually quite simple," Washington said. "That I will let Epsilon explain."

"Fuck you Wash," Church said on Jaune's scroll. Church explains how they were able to eat with their helmets off. "Oh yeah, did you know that Wash almost drowned in his helmet because the disposal unit was malfunction on the ride to a mission!" Church added at the end.

"I remember that," Carolina said with a slight chuckle. "I thought you actually were going to at one point."

Everyone turned towards Washington. He had slight pink in his cheeks due to embarrassment. "I had motion sickness! It happens!" he says in a slightly higher voice than normal.

"I told you its more common than people think!" Jaune said, teasingly pointing at Ruby.

"You win this round Arc," Ruby said waving her fist. "But the war goes on!" Everyone present at the table laughs at the two friends.

"Seriously though Tuck," Yang said. "Why not just eat with your helmet off? Everyone else has." Tucker looks around at the table. He could tell the real reason the two huntsman and huntress teams just wanted to see what he looked like. He sighs.

"Damn you and your peer pressure," he said. "This is just like high school." He puts his hands on his helmet and slowly lifts it up and sets it to the side. The other soldiers already knew what Tucker looked like so they just continued eating and chatting.

However the hunters in training were looking at him. They did not expect him to look the way he did. He had brown skin, and he had a brown fade haircut. He had a scar over the right side of his mouth that went down to his chin but wasn't a very noticeable one. However what really caught their attention were his eyes.

"Hey," Ruby said with a smile. "You have eyes like mine!" She said. And it was true. Tucker had silver eyes. The soldiers looked at Tucker and Ruby and nodded.

"Yeah he does," Simmons said. "Don't know why we haven't noticed it before."

"Probably because we don't care," Grif said.

"Fuck you too Grif," Tucker said.

"Anyway, I want ask all of you a question." Everyone leaned in slightly. Well everyone except Blake who still didn't get anything to eat and never looked away from her books. "If you had to commit a mugging, how would you do it?"

"What?" Simmons asked. "What kind of stupid question is that?!"

"It's not a stupid question it's just a question!"