A Test of My Strength Part 2

TRIGGER WARNING: KIDNAPPING 

As Joe and I sat with each other, we were silent. I think we were both afraid to speak anymore. These guys were being so loud and obnoxious out in the living room. It was driving me nuts. I had no idea what time it was. I would estimate we'd been in the room at least two hours. Our only sources of time were gone. I noticed Joe's phone fall out of his pocket when they brought us our of the car. Mine was in my purse, which was in the trunk. Also, Joe's watch was covered with tape. I guess none of that phone business matters though, since neither of us would even be able to get our phones to even check the time since our hands were stuck behind our backs.

Joe lifted his head and began to shift, so I moved my head off of his shoulder to let him try to get comfortable. He groaned a bit.

"Ouch. It seems like the tape just keeps getting tighter and tighter the more I sit here. My wrists are starting to hurt. How about yours? They feel okay?" He asked me.

"They're fine I guess." I answered quietly as I looked down at my feet.

" What about you? Do you feel okay? Are you uncomfortable or-" I interrupted Joe because I was starting to get a bit irritated. He really wonders if I'm "okay" like this? Who would be?

"Am I feeling okay? Yes, Joe. I feel super. Just look at me." I replied with snark.

"Well, god, okay then. Sorry for even asking." Joe muttered.

"Well I mean, it was a stupid question for right now..." I mumbled.

"Really? Really? You are actually going to do this right now? All I did is ask how you were. I don't hear you asking me how I am." Joe replied in an annoyed tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Joe, just stop. I don't want to do this. Besides, I thought we were supposed to be brainstorming ideas of how to-"

"You started this, okay? Not me." He replied in an angry, but hushed tone.

He, then turned his head away from me so that the side of it was leaning on the wall.

We sat in silence for a few minutes and then I began to think about how I acted. I now regretted snapping at him. What am I doing? This is the last time we should be fighting. Not now. Why was I so mean? I guess you could say the stress and fear got to me.

"Joe?"

"What?" He didn't even turn his head to look back at me.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I shouldn't have gotten nasty with you. I was completely in the wrong. I'm so sorry." I apologized, hoping for some sort of response.

Then, he let out a slow breath and finally turned his head back around.

"I guess it's fine. I think I can sorta understand. This is a...hard...um-ya know... a hard time. Don't worry about it." He told me. Then, he leaned over and kiss my cheek.

I was about to say something, but then the door knob began turning. The door finally opened all the way.

It was Brown Eyes.

"Okay, look, we're goin' out for a little while. This place will be empty. Don't think about doing a single goddamn thing. When we come back, we're gonna get some sleep, then take care of you two in the morning." He informed us with a malicious look in his eyes. He turned around and left back out the door. Minutes later, we heard their car leave.

"Joe, what does he mean "take care of us"? Are they going to...kill-"

"Don't even say that. We are going to get out of here before they get back. I am determined. Start trying to get out of the tape around your wrists. Just kinda...wriggle and turn your wrists around a bunch." Joe instructed.