Jin: "How's your papers today?"
He asked with a smile.

Jungkook: "I have confidence that I'll pass all of them, so you'd better make sure to plan my reward early ahead!"
He crinkled his nose adorably.

Jin: "We'll see about that. Anyway, I've brought some leftover pastries from our restaurant. They're still edible."
He lifted a bag filled with rainbow cakes, croissants, and cream puffs.

Jungkook's eyes widened in a pleasant surprise and pecked Seokjin's cheeks.
Jungkook: "Thanks Jin hyung! This restaurant makes the best pastries!"

Jin: "Well, gotta feed my baby right."
He walked towards the couch and dropped Jungkook down gently, before sitting beside him with an exhausted sigh.

They switched on the television and ate the pastries while going through some movies for the night. All of these simple happiness wasn't an every day's occurrence for them, so it makes them appreciate spending time together.

~Few Weeks Later~

Jimin: "I heard the results of our exams are coming out today. Sucks bees..."
Jungkook nodded with a bright smile.

Jungkook: "They had already pinned it up on the bulletin board this morning."
He replied and dragged Jimin along.

Jimin: "Nah, I'm good. I probably failed. I'll just sit here and wait for you."
He sat on the wooden bench, but Jungkook insisted he went with him.

Their eyes scanned the whole lists of students' names. They saw some of their friends and classmates, but so far none of theirs. They walked along the board to search for their names, but Jimin suddenly stopped in his track.

Jungkook: "What is it? Saw yours?"
Jimin's eyes widened in disbelief.

Jimin: "H-how's that even possible? I was pretty sure that I-I've only gotten my name correct... what happened?..."
Jungkook leaned closer to the paper and inspected the name carefully.

Jungkook: "Park Jimin, student ID 131095... it's yours, no mistake about it."
He read each and every letter bolded in black, before smiling widely and bringing his best friend into a tight hug.

Jungkook: "You did it Jimin hyung! I've told you that you could do it!"
Jimin broke into a wide smile and he jumped on the spot in excitement.

Jimin: "Yes! I did it! Wow!"
Jungkook let go of him and smiled.

Jungkook: "Now, where's mine?..."
He gulped down a huge lump in his throat and searched the lists of names.

Jimin: "Jungkookie! I'll help find yours!"
Jungkook nodded and thanked Jimin.

They've gone through the whole lists of names but sadly, none of it spells 'Kim Jungkook'. Jungkook's face sank as he reached the end of the list. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows and patted Jungkook's shoulders encouragingly.

Jimin: "D-do you want a drink or something? I'll treat you to a meal."
He asked sympathetically.

Jungkook: "It's fine-"

...: "Students! Here's the last list of names for those who passed the exam!"
A teacher shouted as he pinned the huge sheet of paper on the board.

A group of students rushed over instantly to check for their names. Jungkook's eyes sparked some hope in them as he slowly made his way over.

He managed to squeeze past those hordes of students and ended up right in front of the paper. His eyes opened widely as he scanned through the numerous lines of names and IDs.