Virgin? (David & Natalie)*

*Natalie's POV*

"Dave?" I call out across from the grey fabric sofa which David is spread out across, chewing his gum and twiddling his thumbs on his phone. His head swings over to look at me as he nods his head at me whilst simultaneously raising his eyes brows. We were the only ones in his house, for once. It was quiet and the sounds of me tapping away on my MacBook keyboard was the only noise that filled the room beforehand. He was wearing his classic black clothing and a standard black cap, which didn't surprise me. I was intrigued about a few things and I wanted to strike up an interesting conversation with him.

"Why is it that so many hot girls come on to you, but you always turn them down? Like you're not even that good looking." I joke, poking a tongue out at the end of my sentence. He raises an eyebrow again, "Seriously?" He asks, wondering if I was actually  interested in knowing the answer. I shrug my shoulders insinuating for him to carry on. He sits up a little straighter in his seat, taking in a deep breath before answering.
"I've never slept with anyone," I gasp quietly at his answer as I listen to him answer. I sit there in slight shock but also come to realise that it made a lot of sense. Suddenly it made him just a little more sweet and likeable. 
He giggles shyly, turns a light shade of pink and burrows his face in the cushions which laid messily to his right. He laughed a little more into the pillow before crying out a muffled "I can't believe I just told you that." I chuckle a little in return and cover my face with a bit of second hand embarrassment, he did just spill a deep secret, after all.
After a short while of us giggling like we were  children again, he builds the courage to return to his previous position, finally able to look my in the eye again. I stare at him, realising he had slight tears forming in his hazel brown eyes, maybe from the laughter or just the embarrassment of our conversation.
This time when I looked at him, he looked different. His chocolate spiralled hair littered either side of his face messily yet in that moment, he looked perfect. Perfect was never a word I used to describe David, but something just felt different about him. Knowing he had trusted me with many secrets before, but this being the penultimate made me feel special.
"So why did you tell me?" I studied his facial expression as his lips curled into a smirk which he undeniably tried to hide. "What?" A laugh escapes my mouth, I could barely ever take him seriously.

"Because you asked!" He teased back, throwing his arms in the air, his attitude a lot more confident than before. I nod in understanding, remembering that I did ask, which may have seemed even weirder than him telling me. The room suddenly became so tranquil you could hear the faint sound of our breathing and the persistent ticking of the silver modern wall clock which faced opposite us. He pulls himself upright into a sitting position using his hands and edges a small pace closer towards me. Just getting comfortable.

*David's POV*
Natalie, surprisingly, was the first person I told I was a virgin. Everyone else assumed me and Liza had slept together, but I just wasn't ready, maybe I knew deep down she wasn't the one that was meant for me.
As I positioned myself closer to Natalie, we locked eyes in a serious way that we had never done before. Weird.
I break the focus between us by vastly looking away and pretending as if I was paying attention to my black vans instead. My attention is quickly drawn down to my pants.
Fuck, why do I have a boner?

"David!" Natalie sounded appalled, it's almost as if she had realised I was hard before even I did. I throw one of the patterned fabric scatter cushions onto my crotch and hug it tightly, and once again feel my cheeks heat up; this had never happened before. At least not with Natalie. I didn't want her to see this happen to me and it caused me to feel extremely embarrassed.
"Why are you..." she trails off, noticing the unpleasant look on my face. I shake my head tensely and groan in frustration, adjusting my seating position once again, this time with my knees up to my chest. I rest my head on my knees and can't fathom what to say next, whatever it would be it would make things awkward.
"I dunno, don't ask..."