"Never been worse." Grumbled Gusion.

"And have you used the potion I gave you yet?"

"Not yet, but soon once you help me get out of here." His voice lowered at the end.

Shaking her head in concern, Lesley replied, "I'm sorry Gus but it's too much of a risk. A warrant arrest is already coming for me for Granger must have sent the word. The only thing that's keeping me alive right now is my family's lawyer."

Gusion was emitting mock laughter and Lesley cringed at his wickedness. God knows what kind of demon has possessed him, she feared.

"I heard your little brother has broken up with his Leonin lover for that time traveller. How pitiful. You should've brought him along so we, brokenhearted men, can talk heart to heart."

She could easily tell he was being sarcastic and so she sighed heavily, trying not to let him poke her temper.

Breaking eye contact, her eyes narrowed at the bouquet of purple flowers on his nightstand. Despite she was unable to read the note on top of it, as soon as she saw the Baroque insignia, she knew immediately who the 'concerned' sender was.

"Guinevere was here?" She asked in a flat tone, urging herself not to sound too suspicious.

The young man scoffed, the cynical grin never wearing off his face. "I wish. Have you got any enlightening update about her for me?"

"She's pregnant." She answered without delay, and she swore she wanted to sneer at how stunned he was by her answer.

Lesley stifled to smile. Guinevere has been the talk of the town for the past months since she ran away.

Lesley would hear no simple chatter or small talk ending without mentioning the Miss Violet's name. Being a Baroque, she was an open book. Other people know more about her than herself.

So it was no mistake the news of Guinevere expecting a child would reach until the outskirts of the Empire, and probably to the Dark Abyss.

"That's fast," Gusion blurted out, still trying to regain his thoughts after hitting temporary rock bottom. "And stupid. She has totally gone madly in love for that emo freak."

Ha! You should say the same to yourself. "You weren't invited to her birthday party, weren't you?" Lesley asked, trying to change the subject.

Gladly he went along. "I was, but my parents were. According to my father, mother came home deeply exhausted from the party in which she collapsed after taking another step out of the carriage."

"They don't know what happened to her yet since she would say none about it. But a witnessed supposedly told father that mother has had a deathly battle with someone from the party."

"Then your mother lost to a 1v1?" Lesley scoffed.

"You could say that though only because you're my friend."

Friend. Somehow as much as Lesley tried to shake it off, her heart wouldn't stop dispersing into pieces

"I must go then for I'm no longer needed here." She stated firmly. Gusion gave her permission to leave. They both bid their farewell. Lesley had only been brought back to reality once she realizes she has an urge to slam her head across the hall.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

It's been two days since her beloved Death Chanter has left the Palace. Guinevere had successfully negotiated with her parents. She will be staying for the whole duration of her maternal trimesters. But her parents had one condition, and it was to be the one to release Gusion from the institute.

"Of course we're not going to force you into an arrange marriage again. We've learned our lesson not to force you into anything." Explained her mother right before she could snap in anger. "If you please for his release will be the only hope for the alliance here, Guinevere. I hope I can rely on you on this."

Guinevere thought about this carefully. Her future depends on her answer. She upholds to the fact that Gusion wasn't terminally mentally illed.

She knows him better than his parents thus being his long-time best friend. He was merely only heartbroken, deeply upset about her rejection for Gusion was one spoiled brat. He always gets what he wants. It just so happens the one thing he wanted most was too the one thing he may never have.

But Guinevere would bet a hundred thousand battle points he can go back to his old self in no time. Ergo, she gave her answer confidently.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

When your Granevere book makes it to the #gusion tag as number 1. (Gusion lovers and mains, please don't take this seriously.)

)