Chapter Nineteen

"You can hide but you can't outrun me!" Lesley shouted, drawing fear.

"Ngnh!"Guinevere tripped on a tree branch, falling face first to the ground, her forehead hitting a sharp rock. She could feel it starting to bleed as it throbs in pain.

Hearing her fall, Lesley smirked and concealed herself. Each step she took was as light as a feather had it weren't for Guinevere's magical senses she wouldn't be able to see her.

The sniper removed all her adamantine bullets, replacing them with tranquilizers for this wasn't an assassination mission. This was a rescue mission, much to Guinevere's dismay.

Guinevere frowned, feeling ever so vulnerable. She's never been this underconfident of herself before and the fact that she wasn't able to see Granger worsens her low self-esteem. Especially when she doesn't exist in his memory anymore.

Guinevere had made a sniffle, and in no less than a second, Lesley shot her.

"Alas, I finally caught you after such a rat chase." The sniper huffed under her breath, billowing her long bangs. "Gusion will be so happy to see you."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Gusion aggressively practices in the Paxley House's garden where dummies dotted the area. In a blink, Gusion would attack each one, never taking a cool-down. He needed a distraction to rid the ominous feeling upsetting him. He worried Lesley might have trouble completing her mission knowing Guinevere is known for her sneaky tactics.

Albeit if she were not able to get her, then Gusion will have to take back Guinevere himself, again. No matter what it takes for Gusion feels he should be the one in Granger's place, venturing the world with her.

"Hyah!"

The dummy is cut in half by its torso, the head falling off. Gusion spun around and perfectly kicks it, sending it to the bushes. A cynical grin appeared on his face, imagining the dummy was Granger.

Darkness now dwell in his light blue eyes. A proof that he wasn't himself anymore, yet his family doesn't know about it. He would isolate himself more often, concocting impossible plans of revenge while overdoing his training routine. Only when his family would know about his altered personality is when his dummies become real human beings.

He suddenly pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling lightheaded as his eyes begged to be closed for at least a short while.

"No," he said to himself as he rubbed his eyes. "Must not sleep... Until I get... What I want!" Out of anger, he throws a dagger, and he could've killed a guard had he wasn't armored.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

It was dinner time for the Paxleys. Everyone was chattering, excluding Gusion. His parents somehow noticed his look of tiredness at last, requesting for his presence in his father's study.

His father was a profound man, same goes to his mother. They were the best magicians in the Land and Gusion would someday inherit their greatness, like his elder brothers. But it had seemed Gusion was slowly fleeting from a bright future.

"What troubles you, my son?" His father asked, seated behind his great study table. His mother sat at the loveseat in front of it as Gusion stood between them. "You seemed to be very occupied earlier at the dinner table." His father continued.

Gusion's head was still throbbing in pain as his vision kept spinning.

"You never ate, nor have you touched your food, Gusion." His mother said with a stern tone. "Tell us, is it Guinevere?"

"Why, Mother, you are so clever." Their son hypocritically laughed, making them stare at him as though he wasn't their son anymore.

"Gusion, you are wasting a bright future ahead of you depressing over one girl. This isn't like you, love!" Cried his mother. "You have officially gone insane."