Chapter 34

"How do you know we can trust her?" You asked. "This is Maggie and Glenn. Why are we even debating?" Hershel said. "We ain't. I'll go after them." Rick said. "Well, this place sounds pretty secure." Daryl told him. "You can't go alone. I'll go." You said. "Me, too." Daryl said. "I'm in." Oscar said. "I got the flash bangs and I got the tear gas. You never know what you're gonna need." Rick said. "Hey. Hey, don't you worry about your old man. I'm gonna keep my eye on him." Daryl told Carl. You got in the car and sat in the back with michonne and Oscar. You waited for Rick to get in the car after he was done talking to Carl so you could go. You were sitting behind the driver's seat so you could see Daryl looking at you from the corner of your eye. "God what? Why do you keep staring at me?" You said defeatedly. "Ya shouldn't be goin." He said "Daryl..." "I know ya can protect ya self. I just can't have ya shot again." Daryl told you. You looked at him and said "You'll be there this time Daryl, I know you won't let anything happen to me." You reached your hand out and he took it and kissed it but you could see his cheeks turning red along with the tips of his ears.  Rick got in the car and we headed down the path and out the gate.

  We pulled over and parked the car along the road. "They have patrols. We're better off on foot.''Michonne told us. "How far? Night's coming." Rick asked. "It's a mile, maybe two," She said. You all go out of the car walking across the street and into the woods. We were walking when you heard Rick speak, "know, what you did for me, for my baby, while I was... working things out-- thank you." He said  "It's what we do." Daryl told him. "Rick." You said nodding your head towards the walkers. "Down. Get in formation. No gunfire." Rick told everyone. "Oscar." Rick said. Oscar turned around killing the walker that got too close.  "There's too many of them." You said. "This way." Rick said. You all ran until you came to a small cabin. 

  "Through there." Rick said. Daryl jumped up on the steps pushing the door open. "Come on." Rick yelled to the rest of us. We all filed into the cabin.  "Get the door," Rick said Michonne, closing it. "Keep it down. Keep it down." Rick told everyone. There was a smell like something was rotting. "The smell, it's loud." Daryl said. "What the hell is that?" You asked about walking over to a lump on the floor. "It's got to be a fox or what's left of one." Rick said. Daryl walked closer to look "I guess Lassie went home." Daryl said.

  You were standing with your back yo the bed that was in a corner when you heard someone jump up grabbing you. "Ah! Who the hell are you?" He said pointing a gun at Everyone else. Daryl had his crossbow up right away pointing at the guys head. "We don't mean any harm." Rick said holding his hands up. "You best let her go!" Daryl growled at the guy who had you. "Get outta my house!" He yelled. "Okay, okay, okay. We will, but we can't right now." Rick told him. You stood still looking at Daryl. "Now!" The guy screamed. "Shut him up." Michonne said looking out the window of the door. "Get out right now!" The guy yelled. "There are walkers outside." You told him. "I'll call the cops!" He telled. "I am a cop. Now I need you to lower the gun." Rick said. "Don't do anything rash." Daryl growled at him. "Everything's fine. Let's just-- let's just take this nice and slow, okay?" Rick told him as the guy moved you and him around to the door, he looked outside. "Look at me. Hey, hey." Rick said.

  "Show me your badge." The guy said. "All right. It's in my pocket. It's in my pocket. Now, I'm just gonna reach down nice and slow." Rick told the guy acting as if he was reaching in his pocket instead ran towards him grabbing the man. Daryl grabbed you pulling you towards him. "Let go! Let go of me! I'll kill you, you-- let go of me!" The guy screamed. "Shut up! Shut up!" Rick told him letting go. "Ah! Help! They found me! Help me!" The guy yelled. "Don't open that door." Rick hissed. "Hel.." the guy went to yell but Michonne put her sword through the guy shutting him up. "Remember the Alamo?," She said. "Help me with the door." Rick said. "You've gotta be kidding." Oscar said. "He's dead." You told him. "Check the back." Rick said. You went to the back door checking to make sure it was clear. "It's  clear," you told him. They opened the door and pushed the guy out the walkers grabbing him. You opened the back door and ran out Michonne taking the lead.

  You walked another mile before coming to the gates of Woodbury. Michonne lifted a panel of sheet metal up and crawled through the rest of you following. You were walking along the building when you heard someone yelling at you. "Hey! Hey!" The guy yelled. "Damn it" Rick said. You ran into the closest building and hid. "This is where you were held?" Rick asked Michinne "I was questioned." He said. "Any idea where else they could be?" You asked. But you got no answers. "I thought you said there was a curfew." Rick said. "The street is packed during the day. Those are stragglers." Michonne told him. "If anyone comes in here, we're sitting ducks." Daryl said. "We gotta move." Rick said. "They could be in his apartment." Michonne told him. "Yeah? What if they ain't?" Rick asked  "Then we'll look somewhere else." Michonne told him. "You said you could help us." Rick spat at her. "I'm doing what I can," She said. "Then where in the hell are they?" Rick whispered. "Hey. If this goes south, we're cutting her loose." Daryl whispered to Rick. "You think she's leading us into a trap?" You asked. "Right now it's the blind leading the blind." Daryl said. "Let's split up." Rick said.

You heard the door opening so you all hid. "I know you're here. I saw you moving from outside." A guy said. "All right, now. You're not supposed to be in here and you know it. Who's in here?" He continued. Rick and Daryl jumped out and grabbed the guy. "Shut up." Daryl told him. "Get on your knees. Hands behind your back." Rick said. "Zip tie him." Rick told Daryl.  Rick knelt down in front of the guy asking him "Where are our people?" "I don't know." The guy told him to shake a little. "You are holding some of our people. Where the hell are they?" Daryl yelled. "I don't know." The guy said again. Rick got a rag and went back over to the guy  "Open your mouth." He said. The guy opened his mouth and Rick shoved the rag in his mouth and then Daryl knocked him out.