Chapter 121

A/N: guys I'm so sorry this has taken so long. I just realized the other day that I could have just gone into freaking amc to watch season 10. So here's a new chapter. I will try to get new chapters out as much as possible with the other 3 stories I'm currently writing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After everyone left Michonne, Daryl, me, and Carol, Stood around the table as Michonne spread the map out. "Three objectives means three groups. Gabriel will take point in guarding the gate from the northern wave... while Aaron will take some troops and handle the southern wave, breaking it up before it hits the wall. That leaves us, and the border," she said. "Unarmed," Daryl said. "Are you really going in there unarmed?" Carol asked. "We have no choice," I said. "You're not going," Daryl told me. "You don't get to tell me what to do, Me. Dixon. I'm not sitting back and watching," I told him. "You're pregnant! Ya ain't going," he growled. "Right, I'm pregnant but that doesn't mean I can't help. There is no arguing and you know that. I'll stay by you the whole time and I'd not I'll be near Carol or Michonne but I'm going," I said. Daryl sighed and grabbed his crossbow before walking off.

"Daryl!" I called out and ran after him. When I caught up to him I grabbed his arm to stop him. He stopped but didn't turn around until I asked him to. "I'm going to be fine. You'll be there, so I know I'll be safe. I can't just sit around. And it's not like Siddiq needs me. There are other nurses here now, Daryl. Please," I said. "Fine. But you don't leave my side," he grumbled. "Deal," I said. I smiled up at him and he leaned down to give me a quick kiss before walking off. I went to find Lydia to let her know we were leaving.

"Lydia?" I said and she turned around. "Hey," she said, coming over to me. "I'm going with Daryl and then to the border. You stay here," I told her. "Okay. Be safe," she said, looking at me. "We will," I told her and brought her in for a hug. I kissed her forehead before walking off. I saw Negan loading the dead into a cart so I quickly walked over to him. "Negan," I called out. He stopped what he was doing and walked over to me. "You called?" He called. "Yeah, hey, are you staying here?" I asked. "No, I've been instructed to help Aaron. Why?" he asked. "Because I'm going with Daryl to the border," I started to say but he cut me off. "You sure that's a smart idea in you condition?" He asked. "Don't. Just don't. I already had this conversation with Daryl," I said. He held his hands up and I walked away.

Daryl, me, Carol, Michonne, and a few others walked out of the gates of Alexandria and headed towards the border. I kept to my promise and stayed right beside Daryl the whole time. The time we got to the border where the stacks still stood it was night time. We walked right up to them and waited. The memories of that day came flooding back. My pregnancy hormones did not help make it any easier. I grabbed Daryl's hand and squeezed it. He looked down at me, squeezing my hand back. We all laid our weapons down on the ground to show we could be trusted. Daryl pulled me closer to him as we walked closer to Carol who stood at the spike where Henry was. "You alright?" Daryl asked her. "I... need a minute," she said. She laid her bow down and we walked back over to stand near Michonne. Daryl moved me so I was slightly behind him.

The wind picked up as we stood in the dark waiting for the Whispers. "Heads up," Daryl said. He pushed me behind him a little more. I held his hand and wrapped my arm around his stand close to him. I made sure to be in a position that they could see me but I was still hidden behind  Daryl. A group of them slowly walked towards the spikes that separated our land from theirs. Alpha took her mask off and walked towards us. "There was one rule between our people. One law. Stay where you are. Yet you disobey," she said. "That fire would've destroyed your land," Daryl told her. "Fire's nature is to burn. We have no conflict with nature," Alpha said. "It could've wiped out one of our communities. We were not gonna sit back and let that happen. You can understand that. We crossed one time," Michonne said.

"Three times," Alpha said and I felt Daryl's hand squeeze mine. "During the fire, you walked my land. And during the winter store, you walked my land. During your search along the river, you and the man with the metal arm walked my land. That's three times. We are always watching," she said. She walked closer. "What did I tell you about crossing my border? You have to be punished," Alpha said. Daryl pushed me completely behind him and I put up no fuss about it. "But... I consider context. There will be no bloodshed this time," Alpha said. I slowly moved out from behind Daryl as Michonne spoke. "So what do you want?" She asked.

"Land. The creek that winds into the valley. That is your new southern border. We will mark the new border to the north," Alpha said. "You'll cut off our hunting grounds. We don't have to stand here and listen to this--" Carol started. "Carol!" Michonne warned. "To this... what?" Alpha asked, walking towards Carol. "To this bullshit," Carol said. "That's it. Come on. We're done. Let's go," Daryl said and walked over to Carol pulling me with him. "We're not," Alpha said. "Not until this one lowers her eyes to my feet," she said. Carol stood her ground and just stared at Alpha in the eye. "You should fear me," Alpha said. "I don't'. I look at you and feel nothing at all," Carol told her. "Is that right? The blonde boy... screamed your name just before we took his head," Alpha said. I felt the tears in my eyes. That's when things went south and Carol pulled a gun from the back of her jeans. Michonne was faster though and knocked Carol's hand down making her shoot into the ground.

Daryl pushed me back and then held Carol back while Michonne stood in front of them. "I apologize... for my friend. We have not slept. And you know what she lost," Michonne said. Alpha looked at Carol. "I forgive you. Mother to mother. This is my land now. You better run," Alpha said. "Come on. let's go," Daryl said. He picked up Carol's bow and arrows and pushed her away. I grabbed his crossbow and my weapons and quickly followed after him.