Chapter Twenty Two: A Dream

AN: FINALLY UPDATED!

Just for my blue birds. Haha(:

I have a contest for you. There is something important that happens in this dream, a clue to how the story unfolds. Go back and re read some of the much earlier chapters, see if you can find the big clue. Let me know if u do!

Dedication: @Eldest because she is my SISTERMANCE<3 SHAMINE FOR LIFE(: Love her to bits and pieces!

I love red velvet cupcakes. My new obsession. Anyone else?

Anyways... Please comment and vote if u want an update! What did u think of the chapter?

Stay beautiful. Much love<3

-Mama Blue Bird

***

Vanessa's P.O.V.

<Before Recent CJ Note>

"Vanessa! Vanessa!"

Liam's screamed echoed in my ears. I tried so hard to open my eyes. I wanted to run to him and tell him I was ok, but I couldn't. Every time I tried, it never worked.

The darkness that was surrounding me sent an eerie feeling through my body. I didn't like it one bit. I wanted to see the sun, sitting so high up in the sky. I wanted to see all my friends. I wanted to see Liam. I wanted to see anything but the pure black I was seeing now. But besides the uncomfortableness I had with the dark, it was the pain I was feeling that caused me the most misery.

I felt like a mass of concrete was plastered to my chest, making it hard to breathe. Each breath took even more power, slowly draining away what was left of my energy. The darkness that filled my eyesight began to turn white as the throbbing pain from my head and chest took over. I wanted to scream, scream out my lungs, but I couldn't.

I felt like my brain was swelling, and my lungs felt like they were about to burst any minute. My heart pounded inside my chest, and screamed for more oxygen to enter. I began to feel like a feather, my body becoming so light, and my mind drifting away from me. The loud flat beep of my heart rate rung in my ears, and I felt my breath catch in my throat.

*Dream*

"Ellie! Come on!" A curly dark brown haired little boy screeched, his voice quivering with fear. A brown haired, fair skinned, four year old girl turned towards the boy, dropping her rag doll to the floor.

"Jason? What's going on?" the little girl asked as she stood up. Her big chocolate brown eyes stared up at the boy, twinkling with pure innocence and curiosity.

"We have to get mum! Daddy is yelling at Sissy, and Sissy is crying!" The boy said, grabbing hold of the little girl's hand, and pulling her forward. "There is so much screaming coming from that room!"

"Why is daddy always yelling? And why is he always so angry?" the little girl asked, but before the boy could answer her, a young blonde haired woman ran into the room. It was hard to see her face, as the black hoodie she had over her head blocked her face from view. The only noticeable thing about her was the long, blonde hair coming out of the hoodie.

"El, Jason, Sissy, get your stuff sweet hearts, We are leaving." The woman said, beginning to collect some items from the house. One by one she stuffed things into a bag, her hands working at a rapid speed.

"Mum, Sissy isn't..." But before the boy could finish, he was cut off.

"Ahhhh!" A high pitched screech echoed against the walls of the house. The woman's eyes widened, her teeth sinking into her bottom lip.

"Jason, take El out to the car. I'll be right there." The woman said quietly, kissing the top of the two children's foreheads, and then running down the hall towards the source of the screaming.

"Please get sissy, Mumma." The little girl whispered, grabbing the boy's hand and beginning to walk outside. The boys chocolate brown eyes met the matching pair of his little sister's.

Many people had mistaken the two as twins, for their matching skin and eye color. Their hair was the same as well, with the exception of the boys being curly. The two were three years apart though, and the boy already had a twin, but the two looked nothing alike.

"SISSY? CECILIA!" The woman's voice screamed, the sound of a wooden door slamming shut broke the empty silence that had previously filled the house. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"TEACHING HER A LESSON! WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? NOW DROP THE ATTITUDE WITH ME, OR YOUR SLEEPING ON THE COUCH TONIGHT!" A deep voice screamed, his words coming out a bit slurred from the amount of alcohol he must have been drinking

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS! WE ARE LEAVING!" The woman's voice shrieked.

"DON'T YOU DARE YELL AT ME, YOU BITCH! YOU ARN'T GOING ANYWHERE!" The deep voice bellowed, the words sounding a little more slurred.

"WATCH ME. I'M DONE WITH THIS, I'M DONE WITH YOU, I'M DONE WITH US." The woman's voice yelled back. There was silence for awhile, but that was interrupted as a loud crashing sound thundered down the hall.

"AHHHHH!" A high pitched scream rung through the house again. The two children stared at each other, both not knowing what to do. Another thud came from the hall, followed by more shrieks and screams.

"GET BACK HERE!" The deep voice yelled in fury. Thundering footsteps raced down the hall. The two children looked up as the blonde woman entered the room carrying another girl in her arms.

"Let's go! Hurry!" The woman yelled, ushering the kids towards the door.

"Look out!" The boy cried, falling to the ground and pulling the little four year old girl down with him. A huge smashing sound filled the little girls' ear, and she felt something hard hit her head.

"Mum!" The girl who had been in the blonde woman's arms cried, but from there, everything went black as the dream cut off.

***

Niall's P.O.V.

"We have some good news, and some bad news." the doctor stated, his dark eyes looking down briefly at his clip chart.

"What's the good news?" CeCi said quietly. I slipped my hand into hers, intertwining our fingers, and giving her hand a light squeeze.

"Well, Mr. Payne is going to be okay. He is awake now, and for now, very calm. We were able to get his systems running again, and the medication we have given him for the pain should kick in. His bones have all been placed in casts, and his deep cuts have been all sowed together. He should be able to leave in a weeks time, if everything goes well. That means he can't rip the machines he has hooked onto him off."

I looked at CeCi, then Zayn, and then Tia, a smile spreading to my face as I thought of how Liam was okay. But that smile quickly faded as the word bad news echoed into my head.

"And the bad news?" I gulped, my hand shaking lightly inside CeCi's hand.

"Ms. Brooke wasn't as lucky." The doctor said.

"She's... dead?" Tia whispered, her voice cracking as she erupted into sobs. Zayn pulled Tia to him, wrapping his arms around her small body.

"Not yet. For now, she is in a coma." The doctor said calmly.

"So, is she going to be ok?" Zayn asked while calming down Tia.

"We aren't sure. She hasn't responded to anything, and I'm afraid her heart beat is only getting fainter by the hour. But there is hope that she will awake from her coma, and still hope she will survive." The doctor said. He gave CeCi, Tia, Zayn and I a small smile, then walked towards a nurse down the hall.

"You guys can go in. I'll get the others." Zayn said. I nodded, and then watched as he walked down towards Harry, Louis, and Destiny.

Two thoughts ran into my mind as I walked into Liam and Vanessa's hospital room. How was Destiny going to react to this? And how was Liam?