Chapter 18: Stories revealed

"Yes General." "Of course." "Will do."

A voice of a woman talking on the phone is the only sound everyone is hearing. Cady looks around at the beautiful office of the principal. Everyone is anxious of what the principal has to say. Cady looks around the familiar room and tells herself that she is back in this office once again. Latoya suddenly cries softly on the edge of a couch.

"Latoya, are you okay?" Cady tries to comfort her friend.

"I... I should have..." Latoya attempts to speak but only stutters.

"It's okay, you can talk when you're ready"

"I tried to help him, but..."

Michael begins to speak out a little and forcefully convinces Latoya to stop crying. She stops as she slightly seems fearful of him. As the group waits, they try to eavesdrop on what the woman on the phone is talking about. It is obvious that she is talking to someone important. Judging by the looks on Michael's and Jasper's faces, the person on the other side must be a high official from the Walled City of Alpha. Latoya continues to cry again and Michael starts to shut her up once more. He tells her that people should not cry over the dead.

Latoya calms down a little. As she does, Cady approaches Hayden who is leaning on a green wall away from everyone.

"What's up?" Cady asks.

"We almost lost our lives." Hayden replies.

"It's not your fault. We just hung around with the wrong kind of people."

"I wonder how Murdoch and Celery are?" Hayden asks.

"Well I did talk to the school nurse when I escorted Murdoch and Celery to the clinic. Murdoch just needs some rest and Celery just needs some first air to heal her cuts." Cady tells him.

"Ya, with Michael's driving and Jasper's  head lock. Those Alpha guys are really dangerous to hang around with." Hayden tells her.

A few minutes later, Principal Lavrov's secretary comes out of the main office room and asks for the teenagers to enter the room. The group slowly walk in, hesitant to what might happen.

"Hello everyone. please have a seat" Sarah Bullan tells them.

For a mayor to be in the school, this has got to be a serious issue. As the Mayor welcomes them in, there are exactly seven seats all in a line, ready for occupancy. They all sit down, Cady sits on the left end. She looks at Sarah Bullan and Principal Scarlett both standing near a beautiful hand crafted desk across from all of them.

"Alright, so tell me what happened?" Sarah Bullan begins to ask them in a calm voice.

Nobody answers and most of them just look down to the floor.

"The room seems quiet but unfortunately we can't get any answers from the floor." Principal Scarlett says.

"Alright, lets break the ice, Ms. Williams, care to speak?" Sarah Bullan asks Cady.

Cady is speechless. She does not know where to begin. As she looks at her side, all her companions are staring at her. All of a sudden, Michael starts to talk about the party they attended, how they managed to get a bus and how they got into a predicament. It is very funny to Cady how he tries to clear his name from all the foolish ideas that he started.

"Alright, I heard enough from you. So I must tell you all that the school is at it's end. We are constantly being questioned about our security and safety. We have lost so many students and staff members this year. Even if we had waivers for all of you to sign before you joined our school, it still doesn't guaranty the schools from any liabilities. What all of you did out there was so foolish and irresponsible and if that wasn't enough, one of you is missing." Sarah explains.