💚 . 8

Jalicia Johnson 🥰💕

I opened the door and looked around the room for Nina's face . She was sitting by the far end near the front desk . I speedwalked over to her, and she mugged me .

"What?" I tried to smile, but i was guilty myself . It was 1:23 . I was terribly late, and I told Nina I was going to be early . "You always do this." She sighed and looked down at her phone .

"Sorry." I shrugged . There was nothing else I could say . "Why were you so late? Now she holding us back." Nina said as I sat down near her . I layed my purse on my lap . "I was just running late." I lied . I couldn't tell her the real reason .

She would obviously think Kentrell and I had something going on, which she would boast about it all the time . I knew she was probably thinking about it, because she mentioned it all the time, but I wasn't ready to tell her yet .

Especially since, it wasn't too serious to tell her . Kentrell and I just had a few encounters . And now I was pretty mad at myself, because I was falling for it . He was so convincing .

That's one thing I hated about him . He got whatever he desired . If he wanted it, it would get done . And I hated that I fell for it so easily . "Whatever." Nina turned her head .

"Look, I'm sorry . I won't do it—" "Ok, Jalicia." She said . I raised my eyebrow . Jalicia? I know she didn't just call me by my first name . I noticed a girl was walking around in the room . She was carrying a large styrofoam cup, and obviously something was in there .

I sat back in my seat . Now we had to wait an extra 30 minutes . And this is all because of—

"Bruh, wtf!" I jumped at the gooey feeling on my knees . It was the same girl . "Oh shit, I'm so sorry, let me go get you some napkins." The girl said and went to the back . Nina grabbed my purse for me and my slides to keep the oatmeal from getting inside the fur .

"She has been walking around this place, for the past 10 minutes, and when she comes she drops this on . Wtf." I clenched my fists . She came back with towel napkins . She wiped it off my knee . I grabbed it from her hands and wiped it off more quicker than she did .

"I'm so sorry." She murmured as she seen how viciously I was wiping it off . I didn't respond . Now I felt weird and sticky .

"It's whatever." I said, still showing I was upset . "What can I do to make it better ? I really feel bad." She pleaded . She did seem sorry . "Nothing." I shook my head .

1 hour later

Tashia, our spa person had managed to put me into some new pants before we left . At least, I still had a good time with Nina . We came out the back noticing the girl was still sitting by herself .

I was getting ready to leave, when Nina pulled me . "What?" I mugged her . She cocked her neck . The girl still looked sad . I rolled my eyes . I hated when she made me do these things, I was just trying to go home .

"Go." She whispered . I mugged her one last time before walking over to the girl . "What's your name?" I asked . She looked up .

"Shayla." She looked up at me . She looked about my age, she just had a babyface . "Look, I'm sorry if I acted like that . I was just really pissed off . Is there anything I can do to make you understand that?" I said, only because my conscience told me to .

"I mean, if it's not too much, I was wondering if you could take me home." She hesitated . I nodded . "Okay." Nina handed me the keys, and I took her to my car . She told me the address, and on the way there she asked a few questions .

"What's your names?" She asked . "I'm Jalicia, but people call me Licia, and that's Nina." I responded nicely . We eventually arrived to her house . "Your house is big." Nina chuckled .

"Oh, that's not my house . I just stay here with my cousin." She shrugged . "Thank you very much." She nodded . "You're welcome." I unlocked the doors and waited until she entered in the house .

"She seems cool, but I don't—" "Say, Licia, ain't that Ken—" "Stop interrupting me." I whined . I hated when people interrupted me . "But that looks like Kent—" "I don't care." At this point I didn't care about anything . She looked back then sat up .

"What was you saying?" She looked back at me . I smiled . Back to me time .

Shayla 🤭

I walked into the house and sighed . "Iyanna!" I yelled . I walked into the living room, and looked upstairs . "Iyanna!?" I yelled louder this time . A door opened and a thick accent came out, and I saw a boy coming down the stairs . He had a grey sweater, grey sweatpants and all white Versace white sneakers .

He looked familiar, but i couldn't quite but my head on it . He came down the stairs, and looked at me, before heading out the door . How rude . Iyanna came down the stairs looking mad at hell . She crossed her arms as she reached the last step .

"When did you come here? & how did you?" She looked at me confused . "Iyanna, that's the thing, & who is that bo—"
"First, don't call me Iyanna, you can call me Yaya . And don't worry about the boy . Answer my question." She pointed her index finger in my face .

I sighed . This job was constantly getting annoying . Just because I was Iyanna's cousin, she felt as if I was her little maid . "I got dropped off by those girls." I rolled my eyes . "What are their names again?" Yaya grabbed her phone . "One is Nina, and the other is Licia something . I can't remember." I sat on the couch near her and covering my lap with a furry pillow .

She started smiling . "Okay, and what else information did you get?" She made her hands go in a rotating manner . "That's it . Just their names . Isn't that all you wanted?" I yawned .

"Are you serious?!" She got up and yelled . I flinched . "I didn't just want their names, dummy ! I want all the information I can find . Where they live, forget Nina . It's Licia I need to know more about . Where she lives, what she has been recently doing with my baby." Her voice got soft on the last sentence .

"What are you talking about?" I raised my eyebrow, out of too much confusion . "Again! Focusing on Licia! Get all the information you can find about her. Be her friend, get close to her, i don't care . Just anything that's important." Yaya did an evil laugh at the end .

"Why didn't you just pay somebody to do it for you? Or your friend that Jalicia doesn't know? Obviously, she's gonna find out we're related." I complained . This girl as real life dumb .

"Girl, cause you live here . So you better do what I say." She got in my face before heading upstairs .

I sighed . She felt as if the reason she could take advantage of me, was because I lived in her house . I didn't have a place of my own, at least yet . I didn't feel like doing this project anyways, Jalicia seemed cool and so did Nina . But Yaya was willing to pay me, and I needed an own place of my own .

But who was that boy who left the house ? I didn't get a good glance at him except his face, which I could barely see either .

I sighed, before pulling the made in bed that was inside the couch, and grabbing the blanket and pillow Yaya gave me . She wouldn't let me sleep upstairs, for "some" reason . She never explained anything to me, it was just do it or get kicked out .

I pulled the blanket over my head and tried to sleep .

Now how was I going to get a chance to see Jalicia again ?

To be continued ... 🤫 .

* will Shayla listen to Yaya ?

* what was Nina trying to tell Jalicia ?

* who was the boy who came upstairs ?

read & see >