💚 . 14

J A L I C I A 🥰 .

"I miss my cocoa butter kisses, hope you smile when you listen..." I singed into Nina's face giving her a soft kiss on the cheek . She gave me a weird goofy look . "I'm not Kentrell, girl." She sucked her teeth . I mugged her , and she giggled . "Ain't nobody playing with you , now you ruined my whole mood." I looked back into the mirror fluffing out my eyelash extensions .

"Kentrell sa—" "Wait, somebody calling me." I looked at the number . It didn't look like a familiar number, so I hesitated before I answered it .

"Hello?" I said slowly . "Hey, you know who this is?" I hear a slight chuckle . "Who?" I answered . "Oh, you don't know?"
"No, i don't." I shook my head , getting a little irritated . I knew it was not a female , he had a whole male voice . "It's Jerome."

"Oh, hi Jerome." I smiled to myself and moved around in my furry chair . Nina looked up from her phone and glanced at me . Jerome somehow made me sound happy. Judging by our recent talks, he seemed genuine and nice . I didn't know why Kentrell was overreacting .

"What's up?" He asked . "I'm fine. This is your number?" I looked back at the screen to make sure I wasn't tripping . "Yea." He responded . "Wow, how did you get my number?" I picked up a pen and starting flipping it over and over .

"Don't worry about that, but anyways I just called to make sure you were okay, and feeling better . You looked moody when I came over on Saturday."

My voice softened . "Thanks . It was over some stupid argument with Kentrell, but we're cool now." Wow, he really called to ask how I was feeling . What a sweetheart .

"What was the argument about?" He inquired . I hesitated . "It's okay, you don't have to tell me , if you don't feel like it." He said , after a few seconds . "Okay, thanks . You're so understanding." I smiled wider . I really didn't want him to know this was over him , and Yaya . Like he knew who Yaya was .

"So, are you gonna be busy at 6?" "Why?" I got up , trying to sound interested in the next thing he was about to say . "I wanna go somewhere fun . Just us 2, to get to better know each other." He managed to say . "Cute . Umm .. let me check my schedule. I'm not gonna be busy at all, I'm free." I shrugged . "Okay, you wanna come with me to a concert?"

"Sure. Just let me know what time you're coming, I'm gonna text you the address."  I nodded before hanging up . "Who's that?" Nina raised her eyebrow . "Jerome." I shrugged . She made a straight face . "How he got your number?" She shifted . "I don't even know, I asked he said don't worry about it. But he wants me to go to a concert with him." I dropped my phone the bed making a slight thud .

"And you're just gonna go?" She said in a type of way , making me rethink my decision . "Yea." I nodded slowly . "Oh." She mumbled . "What now? Don't tell me Kentrell forced you onto his side too now." I put my hand on my hips . "It's just that you're just gonna go alone? We just met this nigga two weeks and now you guys are already on a field trip?"

"First of all, I'm not even going alone . He's coming with me. And second, it's not just some field trip, I wanna go out for a while." I looked around . Nina always made me feel embarrassed or wrong about the decisions I make . I feel like Kentrell is in on this .

"Ok, why not go out with the gang, we going to a dinner tonight anyways." She slouched on the bed . "Wait, why didn't anyone tell me about this? And a dinner? You know them hood niggas don't know what that is , maybe only 3." I laughed . "I thought they told you? And I told you that yesterday night on ft." Nina reminded me .

"Yesterday night..." my voice drifted off . Last night Nina and I were on ft, and I kept falling asleep . "Maybe I wasn't listening." I walked into the bathroom . "Your fault." I heard her say . I rolled my eyes before grabbing an extra towel from the top shelf .