One Last Promise

I sat next to Henry in Granny's Diner. The atmosphere was light except for Hook's area. He's still bummed about what I did to Pan? He should be happy I got rid of that bastard. Well, at least Henry was happy as we both fought over the last piece of pie with our forks. So odd how close I am to this kid now and within a couple of days just being here. We both stabbed the piece when the doors to the diner suddenly whipped open with a crack, almost breaking the glass. I looked over to see Peter Pan and Felix standing there looking quite angry. So, he's immortal too? Well, my plans just changed. Emma and Regina both stood up in defense but Pan had used his magic to force them onto the ground. One by one, Pan attacked everyone and the last two were Henry and I. I stood up knowing I stood no chance against Pan. He glanced at me with pure rage as Henry flew back against the wall behind us and was knocked out. Poor kid. I turned back around only for Pan to take me by the neck and hold me off the ground. Too bad I know better. I ripped myself out of his grip and took a knife from the table beside me and stabbed him in the arm. As soon as he dropped me, I ran out of the diner and down the street. When I knew he couldn't be fast enough to reach me, I ran at vampire speed into the woods. When I stopped, I came across an old stone well and leaned on it to catch my breath.  

        "What am I doing?" I asked myself out loud. 

Here I am once again, running from danger. No. I promised I wouldn't run anymore, not with this town. This isn't Mystic Falls anymore. I'm not running for my life either from a psycho hybrid. I'm a vampire. Peter Pan may be immortal too but I'm so much older than he is. I have the advantage, not him. I turned around to the direction of the town and starting walking with grace. I knew what I needed to do to save my life...their lives. I walked down the hill, over roots, and around trees until I got to the town line between the street and the woods. Steeping over the sidewalk separating the two sides, I walked all the way down the street, making sure to avoid the diner. I found my way to the middle of the town square and did I mention that there's no one on the street? Standing there, I glanced all around but when I went to look towards the clock tower, I was thrown back to the ground by a sharp gust of wind. I landed on my side facing the road and when I went to stand up, I was kicked in the face by a brown boot and was rolled over. I recognized the boot to be Peter's.

        "Kicking a woman down now, eh Pan. So classy." I mocked him but got kicked in the stomach this time as I was tossed onto my back again on the ground. with each blow he gave me, I accepted it knowing how fast I was going to heal after. He kicked me one last time as I started to get up on my knees and hands. I laid on my stomach as he took himself and sat on me. He leaned down with a knife at my throat, the blade cold against my warm neck.

        "Oh darling, you gave me no choice this time. Just a heads up dear, this punishment is only the beginning." He said before touching my face and suddenly vanishing above me into thin air. I could hear a few people calling for me as I sat up. I couldn't feel any broken bones and the bruises on my face were easily healing. The cut I got on my hand from a piece of glass started to heal as well when Ruby was at my side.

        "Are you okay? Granny and Henry saw what was happening. Why didn't you let us help you?" She asked slightly mad and terrified.

        "I didn't need any help and see, I'm already healing Ruby." I said trying to get up on my own but even Ruby and Granny had to help me balance on my feet. I felt Henry hug me from the side as Emma, Killian, and Regina came running towards me as well behind him.

        "Henry saw what happened. Why didn't you call for us?" Emma asked with anger.

        "Because I didn't want help. Be happy I'm still standing, Emma." I smiled with an attitude. 

        "How are you still standing Pierce?" Regina asked in her normal suspicion voice.

        "Magic." I said with a mocking smile before trying to walk away.