Some Like It Hot

It felt like forever. The place I was walking to. I knew where I was going but why I was going there still confused me. Something about it drew me in every night but i had the strength most nights to stay away. But tonight, I'd left it pull me from my bed, walk me out of the hotel, and into the darkness of the night. I'd let it lead me to where everything started. From a few feet away, I could see the town line glowing a brilliant green on the ground as I walked towards it. The force that pulled me here didn't feel evil or good and it didn't feel hot or cold either. It was actually quite warm as if stepping into a ray of sunlight just for a second. It felt strange and nice and yet, I was not afraid. It felt familiar as well but nothing i knew from a place, person, or memory. It was if I had been being pulled by a person yet it seemed strange enough that it would lead me here to the town line where anything could happen, good or bad. The force pulled me forward long enough from me to feel almost empty as i felt it let go. I gazed around the road and the woods. Heightening my senses, i listened for anything and heard exactly nothing. It was just me out here, all alone. Still in my nightgown, i dropped my gaze to the ground. My feet stood right in front of the glowing green line but not yet touching. Having an urge to take a step forward, i pushed it away. Standing there, I tried my best to figure out what could've pulled me here. It couldn't have been Stefan or even Elijah. So I thought harder, thinking of people I've lost. Pearl, Emily, Mama, maybe Nadia? I guess it doesn't matter who led me here. They did it for a reason. what do the want me to do? Step over the line to see what happens? Or turn around and go back? All of this, being here, being in this town and facing fairy-tales, it all felt like a dream. It felt like a really messed up dream. But yet, it was real and it sucked. Inhaling and exhaling a breath, I raised my right hand just to see if there was a barrier. Pushing my hand through the empty air. I could hear the sizzling sound as if my hand was burning in sunlight but there was no physical evidence that I was burning. I didn't feel anything as i pulled my hand back towards my body. Glancing down, my hand was normal. The sound of something snapping caught my attention and i suddenly turned towards the direction to see nothing. Watching all around me carefully, I slowly turned my head to see Peter Pan himself on the other side of the town line. I watched him carefully too as he raised a hand the same way i just did and placed it up against the barrier as if it were glass. I turned my body as if to walk away but when I turned to go back to town, I bumped into a hard, yet muscular chest. Looking up to see who it was, Klaus's face was inches from mine as he grabbed my arms and held my body still even though i struggled. Glancing back, Pan just stood there behind the line as Klaus inched his head towards my neck. Feeling his fangs bite into the flesh on my neck, I screamed in pain.

I woke up in tears and i could feel sweat running down my cheek from my forehead. Patting all around my body and bed, i exhaled the breath i was keeping in. It was a dream, no, a nightmare. Brushing off the nightmare, I got ready for the day. Deciding I wanted to do something different, I pulled out my straightener. It took me a couple of minutes and finally being ready to leave, I glanced over my shoulder and into the mirror. I looked exactly like Elena Gilbert: clothes, hair, and all. But instead of going out the door, I decided to try something new. With a sly smile on my face, I strut over to the window, opened it, and climbed out. Taking the small leap of faith, I landed on the ground in high heels gracefully. Standing straight up, I felt like nothing could bring me down. I strutted down the alley and into the town street. There were Lost Boys everywhere and as soon as I passed by them, I could feel their glares on my back but I didn't care. I was a supernatural creature and they were just a fairy-tale. Only one of us is going to come out of this alive.

"You Katherine?" I heard a male voice ask from behind me. I stopped walking and while seeing some Lost boys watch me, I turned around with a smile on my face to see a boy. He had shaggy brown hair, and was wearing a dirty white t-shirt, brown pants and black boots. He looked about eighteen maybe nineteen.