Chapter 7

Along distance away, in a place unseen by most, lurked a creature. Not a man, nor woman it had whatever shape it craved. It went by many names throughout the ages. Envy, Ego, Greed, and most notably Misery. It was as big as you let it be. These feelings are what gave it it's life source. Right now it was being watched, the guardians all steady, surrounded it. They took vows to do so, in ancient times, they were once powerful beings, in charge of shaping history itself. Through the ages they deteriorated, but gained enough power together to contain this creature. It was called a monster by most, but as it came from nature, it would reflect us at our own. To call it a monster would be to call ourselves a monster in a sense. Nobody was quite sure of it's intentions, not even the guardians. It was a sad sight to see, once thriving and beautiful, they had all seemingly lost their lives. They were living, but without a single sign of showing life. The creature was hard at work thinking. It wanted to escape, for all to see. It came to the idea recently, to channel it's arguably most deviant side. Lust. The creature created a thin red grin, and licked it's lips slowly. It Rose from where it lay and now took the place as a woman. She didn't know whether any guardian had a single cell of desire left. They weren't saints despite their work. She took into consideration that her plan might not work, but was going to try anyway. She made her hair long and black, straight but wavy. It slunk onto her naked shoulders. Covered by clouds of thought she made a shiny flickering red dress. She moved around, getting a feel for her new form. It was strange to say it felt more power this way, more than any strong man it could conjure. She knew the guardians couldn't hurt her, she knew they could only contain her. She walked with pride and glared deviantly at the guardian to the left. The guardians paid no attention to it's behavior. They have seen many attempts in the past, they were used to almost everything. But they were weak now. Like a rusty old chain... One link is all it would take. Her eyes rolled back as her lips made a smile. She could almost hear the SNAP. Her eyes were black and deep. She slowly poured white in, then closed her eyes lids and when they opened they were glazed green. She stared right at the guardian. His eyes had almost greyed completely. She knew he was the weak link. All the other guardians had been blinded, and saw through their 7th sense. He however was still seeing something. It was going to make sure he saw her. She batted her lashes and blew a kiss towards him. Not a single movement came. Her eyes suddenly burned with a solid green flame as she screamed silently in place.