15

15

You were dressed completely in seconds, so you stumbled towards the front door. Atan hid out if sight of whomever was at the door with a blade, so he can kill them if need be.

The person knocked again, strongly and worriedly. You opened the door, forcing a false smile.

"Oh!" You exclaimed pleasantly. "Farmer Davis. Good to see you." Farmer Davis was Jake's grandfather, so he lived next door.

"Howdy, YN," he said, tipping his hat to you. "Jake been saying somethin' 'bout a cousin of yers stayin' 'cause of some sickness in the family or somethin' like that. So Mary Anne been tellin' me to come over and check on y'all."

You smiled.

"That's kind of you, sir, but no worries. My parents are asleep, and Ephraim and Maggie are in town running errands currently." Farmer Davis nodded, knowing he can finally stick it to his wife that he was right that nothing was wrong.

Atan glared through the crack of the door at the old man in old overalls. He shouldn't kill him, he knew.

"Say," said Davis. "What happened to yer arm, darlin'?" You followed his eyes to the bandage tightly around your wound. Atan's branding on you.

"Oh, that. I accidentally cut myself real deep when I was cooking for my parents. No big deal. I'll be okay." Davis shrugged.

"Aight then, lil lady. If y'all ever be needin' anythin', Mary Anne and I're just 'round the corner." You thanked him and he left.

You closed the door, and Atan glared at the man through the window.

"Calm down, honey," you said to him. He didn't react to your voice. "Atan. Don't worry. Farmer Davis won't do anything. He doesn't suspect anything."

Atan sighed and backed away from the window, then tightly gripped your hand. His eyes were on the floor like a sad, scared child.

"YN...." he murmured. "You won't leave me, right?" You sighed and hugged him close, bringing him down to press his head against your chest.

"No, Atan. I'm not leaving you. Ever." You kissed his forehead. "I'm staying with you until I die. Bonnie and Clyde, right?" You chuckled. Seeing you smile made him smile.

Out of nowhere, Atan perked up.

"YN, can you go get prepared for bed?" He asked.

"Um.... sure, I guess...?" You did as told and went up to your parents room to get ready for a night of snuggles with Atan.

Atan, meanwhile, snuck out of the house and began creeping through the dark towards the barn.

Farmer Davis was creeping around slowly. He had heard whispers coming from the barn and was worried it was some trespassers. He pushed open the barn doors. No one was in sight.

"Hello?" He called out.

"Davis!" Screamed Maggie. "Help us! YN and that psycho bastard killed our parents and-"

"DAVIS LOOK OUT!" Ephraim shrieked.

Davis grunted as Atan stabbed through his spine, twisting the blade.

"Ah!" The older man cried. Atan stood over him, blood on his hands.

"Shoulda just gone home to Mary Anne and Jake, huh?"

Atan slashed his throat in one move. Davis choked out blood, Maggie cried, Ephraim grunted profanities, and Atan smiled then went back inside to clean up before going to share a bed with you.

He smiled and sighed after locking up the barn again, telling Maggie and Ephraim to keep their fucking mouths shut.

"Perfect end to a perfect day," he murmured to himself as he washed the blood off his hands.

*****
Hi everyone! I've decided to change the title of the story. If anyone has any suggestions, please comment them! I need ideas and I would love to have a fan help out with the title.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!