Chapter Seventeen- All For Vannah (The Finale Part One)

I recall explaining everything to her as we spoke in isolation from prying ears. I knew without the shadow of a doubt that she would respond unwell to it, but I didn't expect her to sock me in the jaw. When I recovered, I moved to explain the details before she held her hands up, not wanting to hear it.

"It was all for you." She turned to me with complete hatred. I was now worried. Perhaps I should have followed through on what I promised Trina...but now, I had complications from an unexpected child. I was nervous in front of her, my hands shook before me.

"I told you she was suicidal..." I began to explain as she paused from her anger to listen to me. "It was all perfect...but you weren't due to be released for another month. It would have been smooth...but you got out on good behavior..." her eyes went wide.

"You planned this?!" I was desperate for her to remain silent. "I worked hard to get those thoughts of destruction from my head and all you did was renounce all the work I placed into myself. All for you to bring it back ."

"No..." I explained. "Everything was perfectly planned and executed, the man at the country club...Trina's father..."

"That was you?" She asked as I nodded, sheepishly. "Trina was going to be it...she was supposed to go with me on out honeymoon and commit suicide. I would have gotten every ounce of her money and we could have started a new life."

"But...how were you so sure that I would come to you?"

This had been the detail I was proudest of as it had been done directly beneath her nose.

"I sent it to you. I knew you and I would always be connected...always destined to raise Kane. But this will be it. I just have to snuff one more life and then we can put this all behind us."

"Why push me away then? Why not tell me?"

"Because I couldn't risk you having been involved. But now she has a child...and I must wait until then."

"Nine months?"

I nodded as she lowered her gaze. "How long have you planned this?"

"Feom the day I walked to your barn with a bloodied shirt."

"Oh my God...you killed someone..."

"We all have our vices... "

"Yeah...smoking...biting your nails...porn...not murder!" I took her into my grasp to try and quiet her.

"You and I both have blood upon our hands."

"But you preyed on my frail mental state."

"I wanted you to get help...you saw red...wanted everyone killed. I helped you-whether you will choose to see it that way or not. Now, after Trina, we can be done..." I took her left hand into my own. "I intend on making good on my promise. Just you and me...just a small delay..." I smirked as I saw that fire that had burned out five years ago as she was placed behind those cold metal bars, come back with a vengeance in her eyes.

"So this was all from day one?" She asked me as we moved towards my car. I smirked.

"I suppose so...but I knew to be the man you deserved...we needed money. With you having killed your mother and your sister, it was given to the state as you were unfit...I did not account for that..I had to make another opportunity."

"And what if she would have rejected you?"

"I would have walked through hell and back to be with you-tsking anyone with me."

"But those people you killed...why them?" I paused. I knew she was going to ask this, but I was anxious to how she would respond, perhaps seeing me as being weak. "The man at the country club, he was under suspicion of molestation. I followed him into the bathroom and took life as the courts had failed to do so. Trina's father had killed a young child during a drunk driving incident, and Trina...I suppose she is innocent to a point, but she led one woman to commit suicide from bullying-a friend that she had claimed to be hers before attending her funeral with a smile." She looked to me with relief. "But I don't remember the lives I took..." she informed me while looking to me for answers.

This was it. The truth that would make it break us....