Chapter Twelve- Rehearsal

It would be one week until I would be legally wed to Trina and it had now come to the point where we would play the roles of husband and wife before our friends and family. I took her hands and spoke the words instructed to me by the pastor, finding everyone to stare at me as if I had sworn instead of complied. I had realized what I had done, the mistake I had made, after hoping it had just remained in my mind. I had been standing in place, seeing her march off with her bridesmaids following her as her mother looked to me in disgust.

I couldn't believe it...I had spoken Vannah's name in place of Trina. Although Trina only ever knee about my ex having been psychotic, she never knee her name. But due to my outburst, she thought I had been cheating on her with Vannah. Even though this had been the case, I never expected it to be spoken or discovered. I had been so careful...but now, it seemed as if it did not matter. My heart broke for Trina as she was a goodperson, just struggling with insecurities. Being her fiance and expected to console her, I moved to her outside before her friends allowed us a moment alone.

"Who the hell is Vannah?!" She asked, her makeup having been slightly smeared and her cheeks stained with tears that I had caused.

"You are going to laugh at me."

"I can promise you that laughing is the last thing that I will be doing right now..." she responded as I came up with the only thing that I could think of. "I was watching the game show network and saw Vannah White..."

She suddenly blushed with embarrassment. "So it isn't some girl-"

I stopped her, taking her hands into my own before looking sincerely in her gaze. Perhaps the years away from Vannah had made pretending that much easier. I had acted as though I didn't think of her everyday, I pretended as though it didn't eat into me the guilt I felt when having abandoned her.

"How could there be anyone more beautiful than you?"

"Not even Vannah White?" She asked with a point as I smirked and nodded.

"Not even Vannah White." I confirmed as we shared a kiss before I pulled back to see her battling with telling me something. "What is it?"

"It can wait..." as she went to leave, I took her hand. I wished more than ever that I would have let her walk away, perhaps that would have made what would happen in the future that much easier.

"There is this person that's been following me...she is creepy and has this...look in her eyes and I just worry that maybe it was your ex...She told me that she wished for me to die and I ignored it...but I cant get that look out of my mind of how she looked to me."

"Oh...I'm sure it I'd just someone who is jealous of you..."

"I just can't shake it..." I tried to console her before she pulled back. "But...I was actually on my way to the hospital when this happened..."

"The hospital? Are you okay?" I asked before getting a gut wrenching feeling in my stomach. It was as if my body had known before my mind, reacting with neausea and shakes.

"I didn't want to tell you until I was sure...but it's for sure...We are going to have a baby!"

I froze. And to make matters worse, I saw Vannah near by, watching from the shadows. Shit...