Chapter Nine- Don't Speak

It would be a full week until my gaze would fall upon Vannah once again. With the seven days we had been apart, I found myself in a dark place. With Trina having thrown herself into whatever charity gave her the most press, I attempted to distract myself with whatever I could find. However, there is only so much television someone can watch until boredom sneaks upon them. But now, I could no longer take it...I had to see her. Knowing her as I did, I knew she was going to be at a nearby library in attempts to distract herself from her set of circumstances.

As I made my way towards the interior of the library, I scanned the faces around to try and locate her. With the two story building, I only came across her when bringing myself to the final unanalysed corner. I saw her silhouette facing ne and could tell by the way her fingers traced the edges of each page. I could recognize her traits anywhere.

"Vannah..." her head shot up and slowly turned to me before shock read across her face. There wasn't a single place she could go to where sh me could escape the words I needed to speak to her. I began with a set of words, in a low tone given where we were, that brought a smile upon her full lips. "I'm an asshole." Her eyes froze upon me, having remained truly focused as I continued. "I didn't expect to see you and that isn't an excuse." I paused, wanting my words to come out properly, as she had deserved that. "I can't bring myself to let you walk away from me...but I can't leave Trina right now. She's...very fragile...suicidal..." the anger Vannah felt once I would bring her up had changed to sympathy. "But just give it time...let me find her someone or something else to focus on. But please....don't disappear from me again."

She paused. "How did you know where I would be?"

"Like I said...I have thought of you every day...I thought of all the places i could see you..."

"I have to know if you love her." She spoke, breaking the sweet moment as i took her hands into my own.

"No. I have only ever loved you."

"Then why did you leave me in there?"

"I couldn't bear to see you like that. I couldn't be that close and not touch you...I wasn't able to help you..."

"I was so lonely..."

Tears formed in my gaze. The guilt of what I had done to her and what I had made her felt had truly ached in my heart and my soul.

"I promise you, Vannah...I am not going anywhere..."

"Then come with me..." she spoke, pulling me into the archive room of the library, setting a chair beneath the door handle, locking us inside. "If you mean it..." she walked to me, bringing her lips to my ear, and sending shivers throughout my body. "Take me right here...right now."

As I went to speak, she set her finger upon my lips to stop me.

"Stop talking and make me yours again..."