Chapter 11

Everyone stared at Midoriya. Even I did, I felt so bad. I looked over at Bakugo who stood just a little bit away from me. He glared at Midoriya. 

"First years, these are the rules that you'll abide by: The game itself will last 15 minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your team total. Everyone will know how much you're worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them. And another thing, even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down you can keep playing until time's up." People around us started talking to each other. I looked around to see if I could find any good people to pair up with. I could pair up with Bakugo, but with his explosion, my vines would have a hard time standing up to his quirk. If I go with Midoriya, everyone would be after us, and I'm willing to make that risk. "This is going to be rough. You may use your Quirks as much as you like. But there are still rules! Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card. You'll be disqualified! Now, you've got 15 minutes to build your teams. I recommend you get started." I stood there for a second, going through my options. I felt my hair get tugged on lightly, I turned and looked over and seen Midoriya looking as worried as ever. 

"Will you team up with us?" Midoriya asked looking at me, I looked behind him and seen Uraraka standing behind him wet, I'm guessing he cried. "No one wants to partner with us." 

"Of course. You guys are the best decision for my quirk, you won't make it difficult for me to use it at all." I say they nodded their heads ready to team up. We all stood in a circle. "Now, in order for me to be able to use my quirk, I need to be in the front or a rider, that was I have full ability." I say to them.

"Oh, perfect, you're still alone. And you're the star." A female voice said, I turned my body slightly to see a girl with pink hair and goggles. "Team up with me, person in first place!" She yelled at Midoriya. 

"So close! Who are you?!" Midoriya questioned as the girl was in his face.  

"I'm a student in the support course. Name's Mei Hatsume!" She said lifting her goggles to show gold-yellow eyes.

"Oh! You're that weirdo from the obstacle course." Uraraka said. I still had no idea who she is. 

"We haven't met, but I'd like to use your current fame to my personal advantage." Hatsume said, that was very very straight forward. She got really close the the three of us. "If I team up with you, then I'll be in the spotlight! Part of the team that everyone is keeping their eyes on. That means my super cute little babies will inevitably be seen by the big company CEOs who're tuning into the Sports Festival. And following that line of reasoning, this is the best way for me and my marvelous gadgets to get recruited." Each time she spoke she got closer to our faces, I was about ready to punch her as she kept getting closer. 

"Could you slow down a minute?" Uraraka asked holding up her hands. "Did you bring babies here, or, I mean...." She was completely ignoring Uraraka and I, she seemed to be more worried about Midoriya. 

"The support course specializes in creating equipment that helps heroes deal with their Quirks and enhance their skills. I packed a ton of powerful babies to bring with me, so I'm sure you'll find something you like floating around my arsenal!" I looked over at Midoriya, who had a terrified look on his face. I don't blame him. "Oh, I see one's caught your eye." She held up a piece of equipment. "I based this on a certain hero's backpack. Thought, of course, I added my own twist." 

"Wait, I recognize that! Air jet, the Buster Hero has one of those." Midoriya said, him and Hatsume where talking I looked at Uraraka. I looked around and seen everyone had a team already. I felt eyes on me, I turned and looked and seen Bakugo staring at me with a small glare in his eyes. I kind of felt bad, but I had to do this for my Quirk, with him, I'd probably have a hard time using my Quirk. He'd burn away my vines, which won't benefit  me in anyway. I looked back at Midoriya who had a determined look in his eyes, he have a good team. The buzzer went off.