Shocked!

I dropped my phone on my bed and looked out of the window. Placing my hands on my head, I kept pacing all over the place. Neither Linda nor Colin were picking up how much ever I tried calling them. "Beep..." I rushed towards my phone and was so relieved to receive a text message from Colin. It read, "Sorry, we couldn't answer your call. I'm sure you want to meet us right now. Here's the address: Fine Dine restaurant, Opp Sunny's Florals, Times Square. We'll be waiting." I smiled at the message in relief and grabbed a pullover. It was quite windy and chilly outside. While I was tying my hair, the door slowly opened and Skyler stood there with a plate of my favourite; fish fingers and French fries with Mexican spicy sauce. He smiled at me and entered.

"Gracy has gone. I got you something to eat by the way. Can I eat along with you here?" He asked. He had cooked for me! And the best part was, he knew my favourite meal for snacks! I really loved him so much! But, I couldn't definitely eat now. Now was not the time. Noticing my expression and moves, he asked, "Are you going out or something?" "Yeah...right. I'm sorry Sky, I can't eat anything right now because I'm in a hurry and I need to get to Times Square. So yeah...thanks anyway for taking the trouble for making all of this. I'll surely have it after I return." I gave him a tight smile. "W-w-wait! How in the world do you think you're going to make it? Your cycle isn't going to help you!" He stated, smirking in that teasing manner. It just hit me! How was I supposed to travel? Wait a minute. I could go by cab. 'Yeah...that's what I'll do.' I thought. My thoughts were interrupted when Skyler grabbed hold of me and dragged me speedily outside my room.

"I'm coming along with you. Grandma! Kelly and I are going to Times Square! We'll be back in some time!" He yelled. "How are you going to drive, huh? Your car's not even here!" I stated when we were outside. "Missy, I'm going to drop you by Grace's car. Her car's back from the garage." He replied and gave me a slight tap on the head. "Get in!" He said. "Okay...and yeah, I'll murder you if you drive rashly, got it Mr.?" I threatened, giving him that warning look. "Hmm...let's see whether you'll be able to live without me then!" He said in a whisper, his concentration on the road. I blushed at that. Well yes, I wouldn't for anything murder him! "So...where to in Times Square?" He asked, suddenly.

"Umm...yeah...we've to head to Fine Dine restaurant, Opp Sunny's Florals." "Okay, so what's with the hurry? Are you late for a birthday party or something?" He asked. I couldn't give him the details regarding anything. "Drive!" I commanded. "Hey! I'm not your chauffeur or someone. Even I've got to know what this is all about. Kelly...tell me." He replied, looking directly at me.

I heaved a sigh. "You'll know each and every detail once we reach the Fine Dine. Col and Lin are waiting for us." He nodded and let this go. We soon reached. He took a turn and stopped right in front of the Florals store. "Here we're." He said and opened the door for me while he remained seated looking towards his right. I stepped out, but he didn't move a muscle. "Umm...aren't you coming as well?" I asked him as I gripped my pullover tighter. "Huh? Me? No. I'll stay here, hang around while you aren't there and drop you back home." He gave me a smile which I knew was fake. I couldn't comprehend his inner meaning. "What am I missing here? What's your point?" I questioned with a puzzled look, my hands on my hips.

"Kelly Jane Anderson, there's no need to be so polite and act all okay with the idea that I'll be part of your so-called 'top secret conversation'. You know what? I feel like a total intruder now. First it's at school, then here. Wherever I'm, you try ignoring me and I bloody hate it!" He explained, his irritation rising. Okay, what he was saying was true, but I had never seen Skyler Jones get agitated like that! "Right now, I can say that you must be internally cursing yourself saying 'why in the world did Skyler drop me? If he weren't here, I wouldn't have been forced to make him part of this conversation!', right?" He snapped. I was bewildered. How could he read my mind like that? Gulping down my saliva, I looked directly at him. "Yeah, great job psycho! I did think that. So? What else am I supposed to think? This conversation was between my besties and me and we wanted it to remain like that! So here, I'm sorry to say, we're forced to add you in because it's bad manners to shove you away! It just means you're an intruder for now!" I retorted.