Chaeyoung closed her eyes as she slowly relaxed through Alice’s warm hug.

… … … … …

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Jungkook.”

“Hey! How have you been? It’s been two weeks, right?”

“Yeah . . .”

“I’ve missed you.”

Chaeyoung gulped. She didn’t know how to answer Jungkook’s sudden confession.

“Chaeyoung? You still there?”

“Y-yeah.”

“Sorry. You don’t need to respond to that. I just wanted you to say that to you. So . . . Have you been busy? I couldn’t contact you for the past two weeks. I haven’t even seen you at work. Were you avoiding me?”

“I’m really sorry Jungkook. I was just . . . really busy.”

“I see. Uh . . . do you have time after work tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

“Good. Can we have dinner together?”

“Sure.”

“Great! See you then.”

“See you.”

“Good night.”

“Good night.”

Chaeyoung heaved a deep sigh as she put her phone down. She twisted and turned on her bed, unable to go to sleep. Jungkook was not entirely wrong when he assumed that she was avoiding him. Because she was somehow doing exactly that.

She was confused about how to deal with Taehyung and Jungkook. She was conflicted on what to do. Her feelings were all over the place. She kept on telling herself how nothing’s going on between her and Jungkook. They were just hanging out as friends. Only she was enjoying his company a lot and was getting more comfortable with him.

Then there’s Taehyung whom she had been avoiding ever since. She knew that she needed to face him at some point. But she was most certain that she still had lingering feelings for him. And she was afraid that her feelings for him will fully grow back to how it used to be like before.

Her worries on Taehyung and Jungkook left her wide awake in the middle of the night. She wanted to find the answers to her own questions as soon as she could. She felt wrong to be feeling this way for two men. But even with the pressure on herself, she failed to come up with answers until she dozed off to sleep with a heavy heart.

… … … … …

The next day, Jungkook and Chaeyoung went to have dinner together as planned.

“By the way, there’s a movie I’ve wanted to see. And it’s showing on cinemas now. Do you want to watch it with me?” Jungkook suggested.

Chaeyoung asked, “Tonight?”

“Yes. We can go after dinner. Guess we can still catch the last full show.”

“What movie is it?”

“Silver Lining.”

“Oh! That.”

“Have you seen the trailer?”

“Honestly? No. Sorry. I haven’t really caught up on the recent movies lately.”

“I see. That’s okay. I will just tell you the synopsis. So it’s about a man whose restaurant chain failed and got bankrupt. He was already an orphan and had no siblings. Then all of his friends turned out to be fake because they all disappeared after his misfortune. And he was so devastated that he left the city and went to live in a farm in the province. He started all over again at that place and strived hard to be successful once again.”