FBI Agent Lance (pt 2)

"..-and then Mommy just punched the guy in his face and knocked him out!! That was SO COOL! She's the reason we didn't get car robbed" Malia told Sara for the 100th time, looking proudly at her mom.

"That was really brave" Sara replied, also for the 100th time.

It had been two weeks since she had come to the Sharpe's house, looking after them.
There had been no robbery and no sign of anyone wanting to harm this family.
Sara had told the police office everything that had been going on, which was literally nothing, but the office had still told her to stay, to keep her eyes open after all.
Sara was glad that she could stay, anyways. She had started to love this family. Malia had already won her heart and Ava... Ava was just as amazing as always. She was so kind, having everything under control although she had to work and had to take care of her daughter.

"Well... thank you" Ava smiled, chuckling while looking at Sara.
"I guess it was just mothers strength. What do they say? No one is as strong as a mother, protecting her children"

Sara shrugged "I can't relate but I believe that it's true"
The thought of having kids had never really occurred to her, but now that she saw Ava with her daughter, she was wondering if she would be able to have something like that too.
A family.

"Can you stay here forever?" Malia asked, looking up at Sara. Her eyes were full of hope and it almost broke Sara's heart that she had to disappoint her.

"I'm afraid I can't.." she said and saw how Malia's smile faded away. "I..-"

"As soon as we know we are save, Sara will have to make sure others are too, right? That's her job" Ava explained to her daughter and Sara eyed her a thankful look.

"But.. is she just gonna replace us with someone else?" Malia asked again and this time Sara was sure that she heard her own heart crack. She didn't want Malia to think that. Not ever.

"Of course not!" she promised. "You are always going to be my favorite family and besides that, this is kind of a special mission so I won't replace you. Ever"

A small smile appeared on Malia's face but it was weaker than before and she clearly didn't want Sara to leave.

"It's getting late, why don't you start getting ready for bed, Malia?" Ava asked softly and leaned over to give her daughter a quick kiss.

"Okayyy" Malia sighed and waved at Sara.
"Good night Sara"

Sara smiled and put up her hand to let the small girl high five her. Malia's smile widened as she placed her hand on Sara's, before she rushed over to the bathroom.
"Good Night, Malia" Sara whispered.

As soon as the bathroom door had closed, Ava turned to face Sara and opened her mouth to say something, but the only thing that the blonde Agent could think about, were Ava's soft lips, that were moving smoothly with every word she said.
"She really likes you, Agent Lance" the tall woman whispered.

A smile formed on Sara's face as she forced herself to look back up into Ava's eyes.
"I told you to call me Sara. It's been two weeks, we don't have to be formal, I mean look at what I'm wearing"
Sara looked down on herself, pointing at the white, lose t-shirt and her grey sweatpants.

Ava chuckled, trying to hide a blush, but of course Sara noticed.
"Thank you, Sara" she said, blushing even more.

"I also never thought I would be good with kinds, to be honest" Sara shrugged and leaned back against the couch.
"I always thought they'd find me scary" she admitted and looked back at Ava.

"Well I think your definitely intimidating" the other woman said, lowering her head to avoid Sara's eyes. 

"Oh is that so?" the Agent grinned.
"Is that the reason you're sitting across from me instead of sitting next to me?" Sara asked, taking the risk.

Ava's head shot back up, staring at the blonde aa she tried to form a word.
"N-no!.. Of course not!" she managed to say but hid her face behind her hands.

Sara chuckled and shook her head.
"It's okay. You can sit next to me though" she offered, patting the seat next to her.

Ava stared at the seat, clearing her throat.
"Are you sure?" she asked.

"It's just a seat, Ava. As long as you're not going to kill me, I'm fine with everything else"

Sara watched how the tall woman slowly got up from her chair and walked across to the room until she was standing right in front of Sara.
Her eyes stared at the blonde Agent, as she slowly sat down, not turning her face away from Sara.

She was stunning, absolutely beautiful. Ava was the first woman Sara had liked in years and now here she was, sitting so close to her that it might actually kill her, not being able to do anything else.

"So" Ava cleared her throat.
"What did your missions look like before you came here?" she asked carefully.

"Uhm. well.." Sara started, taking her eyes off Ava for a second. "It's always different. We have a lot of interrogations and investigations and that stuff. I can't tell you too much about it but it's always interesting and it never gets boring"
It was the first time someone had actually asked her about her job in a while and it was something that she could get used to.

"That sounds fun! I don't even have a real job"
Ava sighed, lowering her eyes.

Ava was a mother and at the same time, had to take care of the whole house. It was obvious that she didn't have much time to work, that was why she had had to find something else, to at least earn a little money.

"Don't you design logos and sew clothes that you sell on the internet?" Sara asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Ava sighed.
"Ya but it's not much. I wouldn't define it as a real job" she shrugged, leaning against the back of the couch. "You're job is way more important" she added.

A smile tugged Sara's lips.
"I think you're amazing" she whispered, looking Ava in the eyes. "You might not see it yourself, but you're a strong woman, Ava. Stronger than I will ever be"

Ava blushed as she lowered her eyes.
"What makes you think that?"

The agent hesitated a second, before she slowly put her hand on Ava's, that was resting on her lap, giving her the change to pull it away.
She didn't.

"You're a single parent and still, you manage to do everything on you're own. It's incredible" Sara said honestly.
"You're incredible"

If Ava's cheeks could have gotten any more red, they would have. "Well, I won't be able to protect Me and Malia from another raid" she mumbled, looking at Sara's hand that was resting on hers.

Sara took the change to move a little closer.
"That's why I am here, I will take care of you" she assured Ava and all she could do was smile.

"Well... since we're such a good team, maybe you should stay.. longer" she whispered, and it was only then when Sara felt Ava's breath on her skin.
They were so close, their noses were almost touching and when the agent lowered her eyes, she couldn't help but stare at Ava's soft looking lips.

"Is..is that an offer?" she whispered, focusing on Ava's eyes.

Ava smiled.
"It's an invitation"

With that being said, their lips met, gently at first, but the longer the kiss lasted, the wilder it got. Sara's hands found their way to Ava's neck while Ava's arms were wrapped around the blonde's waist, tugging her closer.
Just when Sara was about to open her mouth, to taste as much of Ava as possible, a familiar voice appeared at the end of the room.

"I KNEW IT! SHE IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"