The closet

"Heyy guysss I'm so glad you're here!" Gary shouted happily.

"What's wrong, Gary?" Ava asked next to me and it was obvious that she wasn't happy at all about this weird meeting.

"Well... I have prepared something for you two!" His smile grew really big and he pointed at something that looked like a big closet.
It was made of metal and it.. well it was really ugly.

"What's this?" I asked and opened one of the doors.
There were no clothes inside, not even coat hangers.
"There's nothing in there"
I turned around and looked at Gary, expecting him to say something. Like an explanation.

"You have to look cloooser" he whispered.
"That's the only way to see it's real magic"

"Magic?" Ava asked.
"As if we aren't dealing with enough magic already"
She took a step closer though and opened the second door.

"I don't see anything" I said again, starting to get very confused and kinda annoyed as well.

"You have to go inside"
He smiled at me, as if that was something I had always wanted to do. Step in a closet.

"Gary, I'm not gonna go into this weird cl-"
Something pushed me and Ava let out a surprised scream next to me.

Before I could do anything I found myself stuck in the closet, both doors closed again.

"Gary what the hell?" Ava shouted and tried to push the doors open.
It didn't work.

"What are you doing?" I shouted as well.

"You need to confess" Gary just said outside the closet and I could almost see him
smiling inside my head. God, that was terrifying.

Ava sighed and sat down on the ground.
"When I get out of here, you're so fired!" she screamed and punched against the door again.
Then she turned towards me.
"Do you have any weapons with you? Something that could help us get out of here?" she asked but I shook my head.

"I don't take weapons with me, when I have to meet you. I'm not planning on fighting you and Gary. Well, not yet" I said and sat down as well.

There was a tiny ray of light coming through that little space between the two doors.
It wasn't very much but it was enough to see Ava, sitting in front of me and holding her head in her hands.

"Why is he doing this?" she sighed again and I just shrugged.

"I don't know.. he's being Gary" I replied and leaned against the back of the closet.

"The faster you confess, the faster you get out of the closet" Gary's voice appeared again.
He was still standing in front of the doors.

Confess? What would I have to confess?
I mean.. there was the fact, that I had lately started to like Ava, but.. she was just a friend right? She was hot, okay, but Gary couldn't possibly know that I started to care about her.
Ava and I never even really talked that much.
She was always spending her time at the time bureau and I was fixing anachronisms with my team.
The only time we spoke to each other was when she wanted to lecture my team again on something we had done wrong, or when she was actually being nice and was bringing us new cloths for different centuries.

"Uhm... I.." I started and thought about something Gary didn't know that I could just tell him.
"I stole the donuts from your office for Mick because he was having a really bad day. I'm sorry, please open the door"

Ava looked at me and smiled a bit.
"That was you? Gary almost cried on that day"

"That is.. well that is good to know, but that's not the point!" he replied and I closed my eyes.