The perfect world

When I came back from Laurel's funeral, the waverider was empty and everyone was gone, accept for Gideon.

"Captain, your team had been kidnapped by an unknown creature, that managed to knock them out by using some kind of hypnotization.
I'm sorry I couldn't hold them up"

"Kidnapped?" I sighed.
Why were they not able to defend themselves?

"Also" Gideon continued "Ava was here when you were at Laurel's funeral, so she got kidnapped too, I thought you should know that because you seem to have a little cr-"

"Do not finish that sentence, Gideon" I commanded and rolled my eyes.
It was true, that I cared about Ava, but I wasn't sure about my feelings and I did not want to talk about it. Not yet.

"Do you want me to search for the coordinates of Ray's suit?" Gideon asked instead and I nodded.

"Yeah, that would be helpful. Seems like it's up to me now to save the rest. As always"

I typed in the coordinates that Gideon had found and started the waverider.
"Why would they even kidnapp my team? I mean whoever those creatures are, it's obvious that they have a reason for doing something like that, right?"

"I believe so" Gideon agreed.
"Since they are not from earth, their planet has probably been destroyed"

But why would they take us?
"Yeah, whatever. We'll find out eventually but the important part is to save my team and Ava, before they're dead"

-

When the waverider landed and I looked out of one of the windows, there were sand everywhere and the only building that immediately caught my eye, was a huge Castle.
It almost looked like the league of assassins.

"Gideon, active the shields and the protection modus, just in case someone's trying to break in. I'll be back as soon as I freed my friends"

"Take care, Captain" Gideon said, before I left the ship.

When I stepped outside, I immediately sunk into the sand.
Why a desert?
It was really exhausting to walk trough the sand and when I finally reached the huge doors of the castle, I had no idea what to do.
If I opened the doors and these creature were right behind there, they would instantly see me and then I wouldn't be a help for anyone.

I put out the device that Gideon had prepared for me, to coordinate Ray's suit in the castle.
Of course it was at the highest tower, which meant that I had to climb.
Now I could really need an Oliver Queen to help me, but no.

I made my way around the tower and scanned every inch of it, to search for a good position where I could start to climb.
When I found a good point, I placed my foot on one of the big stones and and held on to the other stones above.

When I had almost reached the middle of the distance, one of my feet slipped away.
I just managed to press myself against the wall, so I wouldn't fall.
My heart was beating really fast and I was shaking, now really afraid to fall.

After I had calmed down a bit, I continued climbing and when I finally reached the highest window of the tower and was standing safely at the window projection, I sighed in relief.

The window was luckily opened, so I could easily enter the room.
When I looked around, I frowned.
Ava and the rest of my team, were lying on some kind of chairs and were just... sleeping.
So they got kidnapped and fell asleep?

Carefully, I walked towards Ava, not quite sure what would happen, If I woke her up.
Her hair was spread all over her face and was moving, every time she took a breath.
Cute.