FBI Agent Lance

Sara Lance knocked at the door of a small house she had been ordered to.
It was her mission to protect this family but no one had ever told her why.

"Hey" the door opened and a beautiful young woman smiled at her.
"You must be Agent Lance" she assumed.

Sara nodded
"That means that you are Ava Sharpe, right?"

"True" Ava let Sara step in, closing the door behind her.
"And you're the one who's going to keep me and my daughter safe?"

Sara swallowed while sitting down on her sofa, letting Ava take the seat next to her.
So she had a daughter?

"To be honest, I haven't been told anything about you and your family, but I will indeed give my best to protect you" Sara answered.

"Thank you" Ava smiled.
"My daughter and I are living alone, there is no husband or boyfriend in this house. I guess it's easier to protect to instead of three anyways"
Ava looked down to her feet, trying to avoid Sara's eyes, she could feel on her face.

"What happened to the father?" Sara asked the question which Ava knew had to come.
She was asked that a lot, but usually she said that he had left them after the birth of the child.

"It.. is a little weird and I don't usually like to talk about it" Ava admitted, still lowering her eyes.
"But due to the fact that you are an FBI Agent.. and you're going to keep us safe.. I'll make an exception" she cleared her throat before continuing
"I know who the father is, but he neither knows about the baby, nor that it's his"

Sara eyes softened, nodding understandably.
"So.. you didn't actually want this baby.." she stated carefully.

Ava nodded as well.
"It.. it happened at a party. I was drunk and stupid and.. yeah actually I'm not even straight I just.. I wanted to fit in" she sighed, slowly looking up and meeting Sara's eyes.
"I feel very bad about it and I know you're gonna judge me and-"

"I'm not" Sara quickly said, shaking her had.
"I'm not judging you. I mean yes, it was really stupid but as long as you and your daughter are happy, there is no need to judge you for anything"

Ava smiled a little
"Thanks for saying this. It means a lot"

Sara just smiled back, straightening her shoulders a little.
"So where's your daughter?"

The doorbell rang and Ava jumped off the sofa.
"Speak of the devil, there she is"

"MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY GUESS WHO IS GOING TO PLAY CINDERELLA IN OUR SCHOOL PLAY??" a little girl screamed, not even having opened the door completely.

Ava's face lightened up by the cute excitement of her daughter.
"Uhmmmm... I don't know? Who is it?" she asked curiously while hugging her daughter.

"MEE!" she shouted, putting her school bag down and running towards the living room.
She stopped from one minute to another when she saw me.

I smiled, not knowing what to say.

"Mom...? Do YOU HAVE A NEW GIRLFRIEND??? WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME OH MY GOOO-"

"Malia No" Ava laughed, walking next to sofa and placing a hand on Sara's shoulder.
"This is FBI Agent Lance" she explained.
"She's gonna keep us safe from people like the guy who wanted to break into our car, remember? She will protect us"

Malia's lips formed an silent "Ohh" while she let herself fall into the armchair across from Sara.
"She could have been your girlfriend though" she whispered, smiling at Sara.

"Uhm.. well. Nice to meet you, Malia" Sara said, trying to cover the blush in her face that had appeared when Malia had called her Ava's girlfriend.

"I'm glad that there's finally someone else in the house than just my mom. No offense" she looked at Ava, who rolled her eyes.

"I don't usually bring people home" she explained to Sara, who nodded.
"Actually, I don't date anyone" Ava added while looking down on her feet.

Sara just watched her, first looking at her eyes and then moving down to her breasts, before quickly looking at her face again. She really was a stunning woman, though.
"Why is that?" Sara finally asked, still staring at her lips from time to time.

Ava sat down again, quickly looking at Malia before facing Sara.
"Well... first of all.. I don't usually tell people that I'm gay" she started, chuckling a little.
"And here are not really women that are my type"

"Oh well" Sara replied, starting to laugh a little.
"So.. what is your type? There got to be some women that are your type"

Ava looked at Malia again, who just started to smile widely.

"You are her type" Malia said, grinning at Sara now.

"Jeez, Malia!" Ava blushed while looking down again.

Sara opened her mouth to say something, but closed it again. She was her type? Sara stared at her, still not saying anything.

"It's true though" Ava said, after clearing her throat.
"But I mean... that doesn't mean anything.. I mean you're not gay or something so.. It's just.. you're just my type, it's not your fault, so-"

"Mom, stop it, you're being embarrassing" Malia stopped her, rolling her eyes.
Looking at Sara, she continued.
"What my mom means to say, just because you're her type, it doesn't mean that she will fall for you, so don't worry"

Sara smiled, looking at Ava, who's face was totally red now.
"You're really cute. It's gonna be fun taking care of you"
She lifted Ava's chin with her index finger and looked at her.
"Also, we have enough time together to find out if you'll fall for me or not"

"Uhm" Ava looked at her, biting her lip.
"What are you saying?"

"MOM!" Malia shouted, facepalming herself.
"She's saying, that she might like you back" she explained, still acting like she was embarrassed by her mom, not getting the obvious message behind that sentence.

"How old is your daughter again?" Sara just asked, starting to laugh again.

"I'm seven" Malia smiled.

Sara grinned.
"It's gonna be so much fun to take care of you"