Break up

Two weeks had passed since Ava had asked me to leave and she still hadn't answered any of my calls yet.
Zari was convinced that she just needed some space to think after what I did, but I wasn't so sure about that.
Ava had never been mad for long, we had always found a way to figure things out together, but this time it was different.
It was bad.

„Captain, are you okay?" I could hear Gideon ask.
Since there hadn't been an anachronism to fix yet, I was just laying on my bed and staring at the walls.

„Yeah.. I'm good"
Tears appeared in my eyes, but I wiped them away quickly.

„I can detect some insecurity in your voice"
Gideon said again.
„Is there anything you would want me to do for you?" she offered.

„No Gideon.. It's fine. I was just thinking about..-"

„Ava" she stated.

I nodded, even though I was sure that she couldn't see me.
„Yes. We had a fight, but unlike the last times, we couldn't figure it out"
I paused for a while before I continued.
„She told me to leave.. But I can't let her go, Gideon. She was the one real thing in my life, I really don't want to lose her"
I was surprised about my sudden openness, but it really felt good to have someone to talk to, even if that person was just a computer.

„Do you want me to hack her laptop to see what she is doing at the moment?" Gideon asked.

I didn't even know she could do that.
„Ehm.. I really appreciate this, but I think that this would not be the right way. It would probably only cause more problems and all I want right now is to win her back"
I sat on the bedside now and was ready to do something to save my relationship.

„As you wish. What are you going to do now? You have a plan, Captain, right?"

„I do" I agreed and finally stood up.
Nate had just showed me the video of his dad, when he planned to train magical creatures to open a fun park.
I knew that Ava wasn't convinced that Hank wanted to do something bad, and maybe she had been right about that part.
But on the other hand, this video showed that Hank indeed wanted to torment those creatures, even if he had something good in mind.
Also, since Ray had told me, that Nora wasn't guilty for Hank's death, there had to be a different reason and I believed that whoever was responsible for Hank's death, was the real problem now.
Ava just needed to see that I hadn't done all those things to challenge her, but to keep her and the creatures safe.

„Heyy where are you going" Zari asked when I entered the bridge.

„Time bureau" I quickly responded.

„Ava?"

I nodded.

„Are you okay, Sara?"

I turned around.
„Why does EVERYBODY ask me that?! I AM fine and I'm not in the mood to talk about my problems right now, because I need to FIX them!" I shouted, more annoyed than I wanted to sound.

Zari's eyes had widened.
„O-okay.. good luck"

I shook my head.
„I'm sorry Zari, I just can't take it when everyone is asking me how I'm feeling because it always makes everything worse"

„I get that, but we care about you and we want to help... you know?" she said calmly and I smiled a bit.

„Yeah... thank you"