Ye Hua tore his eyes away from his wife's running form and brought his attention back to the scene in front of him, Su Jin was confident there had been an intruder but the woman was prone to dramatics and exaggerations. While she seemed genuinely terrified, he knew it would be very difficult for anyone to break into Xiwu palace, he'd set it up to protect his wife and son after all. He had to wonder what her aim was with this act.

"Tian Shu, increase the patrol around Su Jin's hall tonight, later in the morning, we will talk about Xiwu palace security" He said. Tian Shu nodded and left with the guards leaving him alone with Su Jin.

"Crown prince, Su Jin is scared to be on her own tonight" Su Jin said

"Send for your maid" Ye Hua replied and headed towards Qingyun.

Bai Qian was standing at the foot of A-Li's bed with her back to the door. Ye Hua wrapped his arms around her from behind and she leaned into him without turning.

"He looks so peaceful" She said as she watched their son sleep. Her half awake brain hadn't processed that Su Su was the intruder Su Jin referred to until she'd gotten to Qingyun.

"A-Li is safe, Tian Shu is increasing patrol tonight and there will be a lot of eyes on A-Li tonight" He said to her.

"Come back to bed with me" Ye Hua whispered in her ear "Do you know how arousing you look in your undergarments and my robe?" He continued as he bit the tip of her ear. He heard her moan, picked her up and cloud jumped to Peach palace.

Su Jin disrupted the palace for the next 3 days by which time he was losing his patience with the woman. Bai Qian had decided A-Li would spend the night with them until it was resolved which annoyed him more than he was willing to admit. It eventually stopped, he wasn't sure if it was because he'd put 10 soldiers into Su Jin's hall or if the woman finally realized no amount of tears and begging for his presence would bring him to her. It took another 3 days to convince Bai Qian that A-Li would be fine on his own.

Ye Hua watched Bai Qian show A-Li how to hold the brush as they sat in the study after the first normal night he'd had in over a week, something was on his wife's mind and he could not figure it out. It was beginning to distract him as well, he'd thought it was the intruder incident but it didn't seem to be going away. She looked like she had no worries in the world but he saw the telltale lines of worry on her face, he'd asked so many times but she'd brushed it off. He caught some movement in his peripheral vision and forced himself to focus.

"A-Li wants to show you what he learnt" Bai Qian said with a smile

Ye Hua nodded and the little boy picked up a brush and carefully wrote the character he'd learnt

"Su Su" Ye Hua read as he hugged his son and arched his brow at his wife.

"Dumpling, it's time to go visit your grandmother" Bai Qian said, nudging the little boy

"Can I show grandmother?" A-Li asked his mother excitedly

"How about you write it for her when you get there. If you remember it" she replied

The little boy nodded and ran out of the room. Ye Hua watched the little boy run out of the study, closely followed by Nai Nai.

"Su Su?" he asked

"He should know the name of his mother"

"Qian Qian, come here" He said patting his side behind the desk

"What are you up to?" he whispered once she was by his side.

"Teaching A-Li to read"

"Why did you teach A-Li to write your mortal name?"