Chapter 40

Thanks a lot for the support all along guys! If you like Billionaire's Identity, I hope you check out the second book in the 'Identity series' called "Prince's Identity". It is currently ongoing but I will be updating regularly. Here's the link to "Prince's Identity" <3 LK

https://www.wattpad.com/story/208745525-prince%27s-identity

****** Freya's P.O.V ******

"Fre, are you sure about this?" Stella sounded very worried while making my bridal hairstyle. I didn't say anything except to stare at my pity self in the mirror.

In a few hours, I'm going to do the most ridiculous thing ever, execute the worst possible decision probably. But it's the only way to forget Leo forever. Yet for a moment I wished that Leo walks out of that door behind me and stop me. 

Someone knocked on the door. 

I feel a small pit forming in my stomach.

Stella tried to talk him out but I let him in to listen to what he had to say. 

"I'm sorry for coming to see you at this hour Ms.Keller but I think there's something that you should know. First of all, I am very sorry for deceiving you like that along with Lucas. If you think master Lucas betrayed you probably he did by hiding his real identity but his intentions towards you were never fake. He truly loved you and I can say that with full confidence" he tried to convince me.

"If you come here to take Leo's side like everyone I'm sorry Robert I'm not in a mood for that," I said harshly.

"Okay just hear me out and I'll leave afterward without any commotion," Robert said sternly.

I nodded.

"When master Lucas was around 4, he was abducted and tortured by a woman and luckily I found him and sheltered him. The picture that you have seen of me and Lucas is from that time. The woman was his mother, his own mother!" Robert paused. 

I gulped. 

Rober continued "Lucas's mother wanted a divorce from Lucas's father to marry her lover. But due to the prenuptial agreement that they had, it has been decided she will get neither child custody nor a penny of Weissman family's wealth. So she and her lover made a plan to kidnap Lucas and demand ransom from Mr.Wiessman. Knowing his wife's nature of going to any length to get what she wants, Mr.Weissman suspected her and she along with her lover was caught red-handed while picking up the ransom. If your own mother does that to you for money for her own good how would you feel?? Lucas was devastated!" 

"He developed profound hate for love from that point and created a stern belief that people only care for money and nothing else. But you were the first person he opened his heart to and found the courage to love a person. You and the hub helped him realize that money isn't everything. If you leave him like this he'll go back to the old ways. I know very well what happened to your mom was unfair. But you know that it's not Lucas's fault, he was just a boy fighting to live laying unconscious in the bed when his father bought his life snatching away from your mother. Please don't make him account for what his father had done. Lucas doesn't need to come to you to apologize to you. He doesn't need to change his identity. He could care less for his dead father's wish. But he still chose to come to you because it was the right thing to do" Robert left without another word. 

I sat there like a rock for a second not sure of anything that's going on. May be Robert's right I just want to account someone for mom's death. Since I couldn't blame the dead I'm blaming Leo. 

Stella finished my remaining makeup while I tried to withhold the tears forming inside. I entered the aisle in a white laced strapless fishtail wedding dress with lavender-lily flower bouquet in my hands while a tear left my eye.

***After one year ***

I can't believe finally I'm in Banff, Leo loved this place. It's a beautiful place and the mountains around are so huge that one's problems look so tiny before them. Howard got me some warm Tea latte while I'm playing with Lily. Bella came towards us running and said she wants to play with Lily. I'm so glad Bella accepted Lily as her little sister and loves her. I sat staring into the lake while Howard accompanied Bella and Lily to play. I remember the wedding day as clear as the water in front of me. 

***********