Chapter 7: Bark But No Bite

---

So, I haven't updated in a while. I'm sorry about that, I've been doing a lot of things it's been chaos I tell you, but don't worry since here I am.

---

(Michi's POV)

After the girl's plant spell was destructed by the "Fire Wisp's" spell, my brother Ethan ran to me quickly giving me a hug.

"Mana! You're here and with a spirit?" Ethan asked.

"Long story short, I felt lonely without my dear brother and so I, with the permission of our guardian, went to go on an adventure just to find you." I said, pulling away just to flick his nose.

"That's so sweet of yo-" He tried to say, but I cut him off.

"But what I come to find is you being attacked, do you care to explain?" I ask him, with an annoyed look on my face as I crossed my arms.

"Well, I was walking around, minding my own business, when I accidentally bumped into this girl. But for some reason, after I apologized, she started to make a scene for no reason what so ever." He said, grumpy looking, look on his face.

"H-He's lying! This poor commoner tried to steal from me, I saw the gold coins in his pockets, I had to stop him before he got any further! Anyways, what are you an accomplice in his scheme?!" This girl screams out, I had to stop myself from face palming.

("Does this girl not know that others can have gold coins? From the looks of it, she's the Baron's daughter, I don't get why she's acting so haughty..") The "Fire Wisp" voices out his thoughts to me.

("Is that so? I don't get what is wrong with this girl, since there are adventurers, they're bound to have children at some point so this should seem normal.") I respond, seemingly confused.

"Hey little missy, you should watch who you're talking to. You may be a Baron's daughter, but it gives you no right to assume somebody's stealing from you, if you see money in their pockets. Did you even check for yourself, whether or not you even lost any money? Also, to answer your question, no I'm not an accomplice, I'm just a sister worried about her brother." I scolded the girl for her irrational thinking. When suddenly an older man comes out from behind one of the stalls, he seemed to be trying to hide from the girl?

"Irina Madison Fox, you dare treat the common folk this way! I as your father am disappointed in you." The man said, turning out to be the Baron.

"F-Father?! What are you doing here?" Irina asked her father, a bit of a scared look on her face.

"I wanted to see if the rumors were true, if you were truly bullying others that are barely lower than you. You're both human, yet you dare think you are higher than them because of what? You were born in a higher classed family? You should be ashamed of yourself, these people did nothing, I saw the whole thing, he only bumped into you, that money was in his pocket before he even bumped into you!" The Baron scolded her harshly.

"It was their fault though!" Irina shouted bursting out into tears as she pointed at us.

"Excuse me!? You were the one that decided to make a scene, there was no need to, you could've just asked me, I would've told you. You could've been civilized about this, but yet you made it take a turn for the worse with no need." My brother shouted at, annoyed at the accusation against us.

("Why are you humans so dramatic?") The "Fire Wisp" asked, what should I call him? Maybe Hearth, what about Zero? It sounds good, Zero he shall be called!

("I don't know Zero, people are weird.") I said, Zero flinching when I called him by his new name.

("Who's Zero?") He asked, I've noticed it for a while now, that he's actually male.

("You silly, I thought it'd be weird to call you 'Fire Wisp' will the time.") I responded to his question.

("I guess it's fine, since it's for a practical reason.") He said, yay! He accepted the name!

Suddenly, I felt a strange but yet familiar presence, Steven!

"What's going on here?" Steven asked in a cold voice eyeing down the Baron family.

"Stev- Dad.. It's nothing really, you don't have to worry about it." Ethan said, it was weird hearing him call Steven our dad..

"Really, then we should go, we have to buy things for the two of you! Excuse us, we'll be leaving." Steven said, excusing us from the situation, but he was smiling like an idiot, I wonder why..

---

Hello everyone! Yes, I'm here, still I am deeply sorry about leaving for a long time, but everything was going on and I was just getting lost in all the work, but I found some free time to work on this chapter, I hope you like it!

---