16- Kimberly Part (1)

Kimberly sat on the couch with Nova in between her legs as she did her daughter's hair. Nova's natural hair was thick and curly. Kimberly didn't like doing too much to it because Nova was tender headed. Only way Kim could do her daughter's hair is when Nova had her tablet in front of her watching Doc Mcstuffin's. Currently, that's what Nova was doing while Kimberly was plaiting her hair.

It was going on eleven o'clock in the morning and Elijah said to be ready by twelve thirty. Kimberly wanted to get Nova's hair done before they had to leave for their date with Elijah. She had told Nova about their date and she was curious to know where they were going. All she knew was that it was somewhere fun.

Kimberly couldn't give many details considering Elijah only told her the same thing she'd told her daughter. Kim couldn't lie, she was curious as well. All week, she wondered what Elijah had planned for the three of them. Dinner? A park or a picnic maybe? The curiosity was eating at her.

Nova's hair was braided to the scalp, in two pigtails. Kimberly were putting the finishing touches on her hair. Colorful beads were on the ends of her braids. Kim was happy to have been blessed with skills to do hair. She always had Nova's hair done. Her daughter always looked as if she had just walked out a beauty salon.

When Kim put the final beads on the last braid, she leaned back to admire her work. "You like it baby girl?" Kimberly asked as she picked up the mirror on the table placing it directly in front of Nova so she could view her mother's work.

Nova smiled, clapping her hands excitedly. "I like it mommy!" She swings her hair from side to side, liking the way the beads clank together. "It's pretty!" She stood from her seat bouncing happily.

Raven walked through the front door, spotting the two ladies immediately. "Hey!" She greeted closing the door behind her. "Ooohhh Nova you look real pretty today! I love your hair!" Raven says smiling while squatting down to Nova's level. "Give me a pose girl!" Raven snapped her finger playfully.

Nova giggled as she placed her hands on her hips, with her knee bent slightly, striking a pose. "Yesss honey! It's giving, pretty girl's rock!"

Kimberly laughed at the two of them. Although she had only known Raven for a month. She was absolutely amazing. Whenever Kim needed to go to the store, Raven would offer to watch Nova. Whenever she came back from the store the two of them would be playing a game of 'catch me if you can.' It was basically the same game as 'tag your it.' Raven would even take Nova to the park if Kim wasn't feeling well enough to take Nova herself. The sweet woman was a breath of fresh air for Kim. She was thankful to have such a wonderful friend like Raven in her life.

"Are y'all getting ready for the date?" Raven wiggled her brows in a mischievous manner. "You're gonna have a good time! I know it!"

"And how would you know that?" Kim asked raising her eyebrow in a curious manner. She held a smirk to let Raven know she meant well and was only joking.

"I've known Emily and Elijah since we were kids so I know how Elijah can be." Raven replied shrugging her shoulders. "They are like a second family to me.. well, my only family.." she said with a small smile on her face, looking off to the side. Raven remembered the day the Adler family took her in. She had been in an orphanage up until the age of twelve. A lot of families didn't want her because she was too old for their liking.

The Adler family though, they had kids the same age as Raven and felt a connection with her when they were introduced. Raven never understood why they chose her because there were many other kids in that orphanage. The Adler's told her that before they had children of their own. They were told they couldn't have children at all. It was a sad time for the Adler's but instead of basking in the sadness they chose to think about other alternatives such as adoption. They didn't get to have the opportunity considering they found out a week later Ms. Alder was pregnant with Elijah.