1- Tamika

Tamika Patterson dressed in a blue Jean skirt with a black v-neck crop top. On her feet were a pair of all-black low-top air forces. Her shoulder-length dreadlocks were in a ponytail with a black and gold scarf around her head. She wore false lashes, and her face held light makeup.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she smiled, loving the outfit she chose to wear. "What do y'all think?" Tamika asked, turning to face her two close friends.

"You look good." Her friend, Chloe, complimented. She was brown skin girl with her natural hair in box braids. "I'm so happy you're finally moving on from that dick head." She stated, rolling her eyes.

"Stop acting like I'm going out on a date, we just two friends, hanging out." Tamika stated a chuckle leaving her lips.

"The shoes not giving... you should wear some heels." Kiya, her other friend, says, scrunching up her face in distaste. "And y'all will be back together tonight; just watch.."

"No, I'm done this time; I'm tired of the disrespect," Tamika stated, grabbing her small purse off her dresser and placing it around her neck. "I'm finna do me and have a good time tonight."

"Girl, bye, that nigga crazy, and if he sees you with another man, wether it's platonic or not, he gone fuck him and you up." Kiya replied scrolling down her social media timeline.

Tamika frowned while staring at her friend. She held a look of annoyance as she grabbed her phone to check the time. Tamika grew up with Chloe and Kiya and became friends through their parents. The three of them sang in the church choir growing and formed a sisterly bond. Although they were close, Tamika couldn't stand Kiya sometimes. Kiya was always negative and hating on anything Tamika did and it made her not want to be around Kiya. Out of the three of them, Kiya and Tamika bumped heads the most.

"And that's suppose to be a good thing? A man that's controlling and putting his hands on me?" Tamika asked rhetorically, "girl shut up, you never think before you speak."

"Oh my bad, I thought you like that since you went back to him countless times." Kiya spat rolling her eyes.

"Kiya, now that's a low blow, chill out." Chloe stepped in narrowing her eyes at Kiya.

Tamika chuckle while glaring at Kiya. "Yeah, I'm gonna' go before I knock yo' ass out." She stated gesturing for Kiya to get up but she didn't budge almost as if she was testing Tamika's patience. "Get the fuck up out my room and get the fuck out my house for I drag yo' ass out Kiya, I'm not playin' witchu'."

Kiya rolled her eyes and stood from the bed heading out the room but not before saying, "you always acting tough, ain't nobody scared of you."

"But I see you got yo' ass up tho!" Tamika spat back just as she heard her door slam. "Ooh I swear, one day she gone catch me on the wrong day and imma' unapologetically beat her ass!"

"Don't even pay her no mind, you know how she is." Chloe waved her off. Tamika rolled her eyes at Chloe's statement. She said that very time Kiya stepped out of line.

"Whatever," Tamika shrugged her shoulders walking out her room and into the living room. Chloe followed her as she grabbed her keys and headed for the front door. "I gotta get going, talk to you later." Tamika says as she let Chloe out her apartment and locked her door. She walked towards her burgundy 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee unlocking the door. She got inside her car pulling out her phone. She went to her messages and sent a text to the friend that she was going out with tonight. She let him know that she was on her way.

     Tamika arrived at her destination and found a parking spot quickly. She stepped out of her car placing her taser and pepper spray in her purse. She pulled out her phone and pulled up her text messages. I'm sitting at the bar. The message read. She place her phone back inside her purse and headed inside.