"Kohana, you okay?" Kirishima asked. 

"I'm good, just nervous is all." I say with a small nod opening up my eyes. Mic introduced all the other classes. We all stood in front of a podium with Midnight on it. 

"Now, the introductory speech!" Midnight exclaimed into the microphone. Everyone was muttering about Midnight's costume. "Silence, everyone! And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugo!" I watched as he walked up the steps to the podium. Everyone in our class was kind of shocked. 

"Why didn't you get picked?" Midoriya asked looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders in response. 

"He probably did better on the written test." I say to him.

"I just wanna say... I'm gonna win." Bakugo stated. 

"Bakugo!You idiot!" I yelled at him.

"I knew he'd say something like that!" Everyone besides me said. Everyone from other classes started booing him and yelling at him.

"Why would you be so disrespectful! You are representing us all!" Iida yelled at him, waving his arm up and down. 

"Not my fault the rest of you are just stepping stones to my victory." Bakugo answered. I started the way up to the podium, but I was being held back by Kirishima. 

"Don't do anything stupid." He said hanging on to the back of my jacket. 

"I'm going to kill him!" I yelled. 

"I'm gonna crush this overconfident jerk!" The guy with the silver hair yelled. Bakugo came down the steps as Iida was trying to get words out but couldn't. He walked up to me. 

"Are you stupid or something?!" I yelled at him. He just stood there staring at me. His face stone cold. I sighed. He has a drive to be better, I know he does, I watched him stay after our training to train more on his own. "You can't just say that." Kirishima let go of my jacket slowly seeing that I wasn't fighting to get after Bakugo. Midnight quickly moved on from that. 

"Without further ado, it's time for us to get started!" Midnight started. "This is where you begin feeling the pain! The first fateful game of the festival!" A huge spinner popped up and it began to spin. It stopped on obstacle race. She began to explain it. "All 11 classes will participate in this treacherous contest. The tack is four kilometers around the outside of the stadium. I don't wanna restrain anyone, at least in this game. As long as you don't leave the course, you're free to do whatever your heart desires." I sighed. We headed to our places. I took a deep breath. This is where you show your stuff, this is where you can get scouted. I have got to do this quickly and efficiently without any mess ups. 

     I stood at the entrance ready to go, deep breath in, hold, let it out. 

"Remember your parents are always watching, cheering you on as you grow." Aizawa's words rung in my head. "I will always been cheering you on no matter what." 

"I got this." I thought to myself. "Be smart, don't go outside the course, do your best. You got this."  The count down started. My eyes narrowed.We all took off running, I was quick and light on my feet. I was lucky enough to be towards the front I used my vines to pull me the rest of the way, I took off running, I heard crunching from behind me, I took the risk and looked back and seen ice coming my way, I was quick to react and fling myself on to the wall of the course.I ran along the wall. I wasn't out of the arena, I was safe. Be smart. I looked down and seen I was neck and neck with Todoroki, he glanced up at me. I heard a crash and looked to see the robots from the entrance exam. I gasped coming to a stop. I stood on the corner of the wall, I jumped down preparing to use my vines as they wrapped around my arms, I wiggled my fingers and felt them constrict as I did. I watched as the one of the robots came at me and Todoroki each one going for us. I used my vines to pull myself up, my feet landed on its face, my vines wrapped around it's head, I pulled and closed my fists, listening to crunch of the head as it collapsed on its self. I heard a whirring as it collapsed, then it started to fall backwards my forwards, I rode it on the way down, it landed and I took off running again as soon as my feet hit the ground. My vines slid back up my arms resting on my shoulders giving me enough freedom to run. I should be fine with water, I drank so many bottles of water last night and this morning. My breathing was controlled, I was fine. This is exactly what I've been training for my whole life. I was just behind Todoroki as I ran. I couldn't wait up for anyone. Keep going, keep going, I told myself. I pushed myself hard. As I ran I could feel my jacket flapping on my back, I took off my jacket so I was in a crop top and the pants. I wrapped it would my waist. I skidded to a stop when I got the second obstacle. I quickly placed my hands on the ground and started to form a bridge that will build as I run made out of tree roots. 

"Run, run, run." I mumbled to myself as I started to run. Each step I took it built up more and more, and wilt at the end as I ran. I looked up and seen Bakugo go right over me. "Faster!" I yelled at myself pushing myself harder. I was still pretty far ahead. I got to the other side, Bakugo ahead of me and Todoroki no where insight. I shot my arms out and my vines shot out, I gripped and pulled, jumping in the air, I pulled myself up farther to get at least next to or just right behind Bakugo. I heard him growl looking back at me. I pushed myself to run faster, my breathing still steady, beads of sweat running down my forehead. We stopped at the mine field that they had built. I have no idea how I'm going to use my quirk for this. If I make a wrong move with my quirk I'll set one off. Bakugo took right off and passed Todoroki. 

"Come on, think!" I yelled at myself. Then I got the bridge idea again. I sighed and started to hop over the mines, I heard people behind me getting blown up. I started running being careful of where I stepped. 

"Push yourself!" I yelled as I quickly jumped. There was a huge explosion, I turned and seen Midoriya flying threw the air. My eyes widened. 

"Run. Run. RUN!" I yelled at myself, as I started running quickly, I just passed Bakugo and Todoroki, when Midoriya flew right over us, Bakugo flew over me, I sped up, so Todoroki, Bakugo, Midoriya and I were all neck and neck. I looked over and watched as Midoriya slammed his shield on the ground creating and explosion. I felt the smoke engulf my body, I pushed through it and kept running. I was just a little bit behind Bakugo who was just behind Todoroki, we were all behind Midoriya. Midoriya entered first. Once I was in the stadium, I stopped to catch my breath. My vines wilted as I stood up straight again, I felt light headed, I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes taking a deep breath to calm myself down. 

"Kohana? Are you okay?" I heard Midoriya ask. 

"I'm fine, light headed is all, need a minute to breath." I say. 

"Okay." He said with a nod of his head. I got fourth place. I stood up and walked in front of the podium, only the top 42 are going to the next round. 

"Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight. Give it your best!" Midnight said. The spinner spun behind her, I watched. It is a Cavalry Battle. "Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course." My classmates were talking about the points and Midnight got mad and yelled at them. "Now then. The point assignments go up by increments of five. For example 42nd place is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten. And the point value that first place contestant is, ten million!" My jaw dropped. Poor Midoriya everyone is going to be after him. I looked at Midoriya who was as white as a sheet of paper. Oh this isn't good at all for Midoriya.