Journey

I ate my food, bored. Inuyasha and his friends had already left. I don't expect them to come back. I ran my hand through my hair.

"What are you going to do?" I turned seeing my brother.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When you get your Star Ball back. Revenge?" He asked.

"That priestess is already dead. Her reincarnation isn't that bad." I answered.

"And Inuyasha?" He asked.

"... I need to think about it." I said.

A week had passed and there was a ruckus at the barrier again. A maid came to inform me that it was Inuyasha and his friends. "What do they want?" I asked.

".. They claim to have your Star Ball." she said.

"Hm?" I closed my eyes and did indeed feel the presence of my Star Ball.

"Let them in." I said.

She nodded and went down to the barrier. I saw them being escorted in again. I went into my room.

Inuyasha and the human girl came in. Inuyasha was holding a bag. He walked towards me and gave me the bag. I opened it and looked down seeing it was my Star Ball. "Thanks." I said and burned the bag with my magic. I held the ball in my hands and smiled a bit feeling the power rush through my body. A column of fire appeared in my hand surrounding my Star Ball, and it disappeared.

"Thanks." I said.

"Do you want to come with us?" she asked me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You have your Star Ball back, and so you can leave this place." she said.

"Leave this place and do what?" I asked her.

"Explore the world, I find that appealing. Fighting other demons I come across who want to fight me and prove their strength, boring, and annoying. Joining you to find the jewel shards, and fight Naraku, annoying." I said.

"It's better than staying here." Inuyasha said.

I glared at him. "Shut up." I mumbled. ".. I'll think about it." I answered.

~~~~~

Its been a week since they returned my Star ball. They leave tonight to continue on their journey/quest.

My brother was glaring at me. "Stop it." He said.

"Can't help it." I mumbled.

He was glaring at my tail that kept rhythmically hitting the tatami floor.

"Just go with them." He said. "The people here are fine. The servants are strong enough to ward off unwanted visitors. Besides, I'll be around. The outside world is getting boring." He said crossing his arms.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yes, now scram." He said patting my head. "You should take your Star ball with you." He said.

"... no.. I'll leave it here under your protection. Out there traveling around... not an ideal place to being it. Besides I guarded yours while you were out having fun. It's your turn now." I smiled at him.

"Alright, whatever." He said and forced me to stand and pushed me outside. "Go tell them your decision." He said and I smiled, hugging him and waved bye.

I went around bidding the workers my goodbyes and giving them some reminders about my brother.

I then changed into more comfortable clothing. I then went down to the room they were staying in. I slid the door open and only Inuyasha was inside. "Hey." He said and I nodded.

"Where are your friends?" I asked closing the door behind me.

"They wanted to check out the town." He said.

"And you stayed behind? Letting your human girl friend, a demon slayer and a monk, walk through a demon town?" I asked.

"Yeah, and she's not my girlfriend." He said.

"I didn't say girlfriend, I said girl, and friend." I said emphasizing the 2 words.

"... Have you decided?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'll come with you guys." I said crossing my arms. "Though I refuse to take orders from any of you." I said.

"Just don't be lazy, princess." He said and I smiled at the old nickname.

"Don't get on my nerves dog breath." I said.

I saw him smile and I smiled and brought out my fan from inside my kimono and fanned myself. 

Eventually his teammates came back. They were surprised to see me, and before I could say anything, 

"Are you joining us?!" She quickly asked me.

"... Yeah.." I said and she smiled and easily welcomed me into the group.

The next day, we all set off to find more of the Sacred Jewel Shards. I hugged the few people I was close with and bid everyone farewell.