¶Sixteen

Peep the new book cover guyss... That's all my work! Lol idk why I'm so excited about it. But yeah just had to drop that there.

Dedicated to OnuohaBlessing (I was thinking about how terribly inconsistent I am and I remembered her for some strange reason unbeknownst to me and I decided to write again.)

***

School the next day was a struggle for me. I was among the first people to get to school because my mom had a meeting at work so she dropped me off very early. 
I sat down in my class alone, grateful that none of my classmates were around and tried my best to mentally prepare myself for the inevitable.

Charity would be starting school today. My half-sister Charity would be starting school today.

"Adaeze you're early to school,".

I lifted my head up from my desk and I was face to face with Ejiro.

I felt my heart pick up pace as I stared at him, we hadn't talked since last week and I didn't know how to act.

"We haven't talked since last week and yesterday you left the class crying, are you okay?" he asked, sitting down in Grace's chair.

God why is he sitting so close? Can he shift?

"I'm okay, I just had period mood swings yesterday," I lied.

"Oh," said Ejiro.

"Yeah," I said, feeling awkward. The air between us was so weird.

"So erm... Amina is having a party on Friday for her birthday and she asked me to invite you," he said. "It's at her house,".

"Okay, I'll be there if I'm free," I replied. "Sorry, please I need to go to the bathroom if you don't mind," I immediately added when I noticed he was about to speak again. I wasn't ready to talk to him quite yet, I needed my space.

He looked crestfallen.  "Oh, okay then, I'll see you later yeah?"

I just nodded and made my way out of the class.

God please let today just be over.

***

"Good afternoon students," greeted our class teacher after we had greeted her.

"You can all sit down," she said, and everyone sat down.

It was the beginning of third period and I hadn't seen Charity neither had I heard anyone talking about any new girl resuming school.

Grace was absent and I was both happy and sad about that.

"So class, we have a new student who'd be starting school with us today?"

Almost immediately, as if they were following a script, everyone in the class started talking.

"New student keh by this time?"

"I sha hope it's a fine boy, Amina has already bagged Ejiro,".

"I know say the person's parents get money that na why she dey resume by this time,".